If a child has diarrhea and fever, then such symptoms most often indicate acute, infectious, intestinal and viral ailments. The danger of these symptoms lies not only in the underlying cause of the disease, but also in the development of an accelerated process of dehydration. In order to prevent the development of serious complications, it is necessary to help the child in a timely manner. Why do symptoms of diarrhea and fever occur in children, find out further.
The main causes of symptoms
Diarrhea and high temperature in children often occurs predominantly in the summer months. After all, it is during these months that fruits and vegetables appear, which children consume in their unwashed form. In addition, the risk of infection is always appropriate when visiting open water bodies, as well as when receiving water from the tap. All this leads to the fact that the child has intestinal poisoning, manifested with symptoms of temperature 39 and diarrhea.
Vomiting and diarrhea with high fever can not arise for no reason, therefore, there are necessarily corresponding reasons that provoke the occurrence of such symptoms. The above symptoms can not be an individual ailment, so they necessarily manifest themselves, if there are provoking factors. If a child has only diarrhea without signs of elevated temperature, then it may be the body's response to climate change, the use of new products or even banal stress. If fever and diarrhea develop, then - this can be caused by the occurrence of viral, bacterial and infectious diseases. The main reasons that children develop symptoms of diarrhea and vomiting are:
- Infectious diseases. If the temperature in a child proceeds in conjunction with signs of diarrhea, as well as rash and cough, then we can talk about catching an infectious disease. Infectious childhood diseases include: measles, rubella, chickenpox. Parents with such diseases can help themselves by lowering the temperature, as often the thermometer readings exceed a value of 39 degrees. Treatment of these diseases is carried out exclusively in the hospital under the supervision of the attending physician.
- Intestinal infection. What to do if diarrhea in a child is accompanied by a rise in temperature above 38 degrees? First of all, do not panic. If the cause is an intestinal infection of the body, the main symptoms will be the following symptoms: temperature 38 and higher, intoxication of the body, diarrhea, loose stools with bleeding, and allergic cough and hemorrhagic rash. If diarrhea has a watery structure, this precedes the penetration of pathogenic bacteria into intestinal cells. After infection of the intestine occurs the spread of pathogenic bacteria throughout the body, which is very dangerous. Be sure to show the child specialist.
- Teething zubikov. Teeth erupt in all babies, while babies have a temperature of 37 degrees. When teething teething, diarrhea symptoms are extremely rare. The age at which the first teeth appear in babies is individual, but often the first tooth appears no earlier than 3-5 months after birth. At 6 years old, the molars appear in children; therefore, a temperature rise of up to 38 degrees is possible. Symptoms of diarrhea occur if during the eruption of the body was infected. At the same time, it is necessary to consult a doctor.
- Intolerance to medicinal drugs. Symptoms of vomiting and diarrhea can occur in children due to individual intolerance to the body. What to do if the child has signs of intolerance to a particular drug. To begin, you should notify the doctor who will prescribe another drug. When drug intolerance to the child develops symptoms such as fever, cough, allergic rash and general weakness.
- Food poisoning. If a child on the eve of eating substandard or spoiled food, then it will lead to food poisoning. Usually, food poisoning occurs in children at 2–3 years of age, when babies begin to consume fresh fruits and vegetables. When food poisoning is required to contact the hospital for help.
At the same time, it is possible that such factors can provoke diarrhea and high temperature:
- overfeeding babies
- pathological disorders in the intestine,
- intolerance to certain types of products,
- violation of the diet nursing mom.
More details about what caused the developing symptoms of a child should be clarified in the office of a medical specialist.
Parents can make preliminary conclusions about the causes, but the doctor should make a diagnosis. Parents should observe the children in order to understand the causes of the developing symptoms. The presence of the following signs allows you to determine what caused the development of ailments in the baby.
- Signs of blood in feces. Invasive diarrhea, which indicates the presence of diarrhea with blood discharge, indicates that an infection has entered the intestine.
- Diarrhea with mucus. If there are signs of mucus in liquid faeces, it indicates that pathogens such as Giardia, Salmonella, cryptosporidia and other parasites are ingested into the body.
- Symptoms of nausea and vomiting. If signs of vomiting with an unpleasant smell from the mouth are added to the symptoms of diarrhea and fever, this is preceded by the development of an acetonemic crisis. If the baby's face turns pale, and the extremities are cold, then this can be regarded as food poisoning.
- With symptoms of pain. If a baby in 2-3 years complains of pain in the abdomen, then the reason lies mainly in the food that the crumb ate the day before.
- Signs of a rash. The presence of signs of a rash suggests the development of such ills as measles, chickenpox, rubella. You should not exclude allergies, but diarrhea occurs very rarely.
- Redness and swelling of the gums. If during the inspection of the oral cavity symptoms of swelling and redness of the gums, as well as increased salivation, are found, then the reasons are hidden in the banal teething.
It is important to know! Independently resorting to the treatment of a child without a doctor's prescription is strictly prohibited. Improper treatment will only aggravate the situation, with the result that it threatens the baby with serious consequences.
Treatment of diarrhea and temperature
With symptoms of diarrhea and high temperature, a specific treatment is prescribed for the baby. Treatment is complex, based on treatment to eliminate the underlying disease, as well as lowering the temperature, if necessary, by increasing immunity, eliminating dehydration, as well as establishing the work of the stomach and intestines.
Drug treatment is based on the following points:
- To eliminate the unpleasant symptoms of diarrhea, medicines are prescribed for a baby with adsorbing properties: Enterosgel, Smecta or Pilifepan.
- Conducting a gastric lavage procedure. To do this, put an enema using boiled water and a solution of potassium permanganate.
- The use of the drug "Regidron", with which it is possible to eliminate dehydration.
- To reduce the intense heat above 38.5-39 degrees resorted to the use of antipyretics, such as Paracetamol or Ibuprofen.
- If the cause of the above symptoms is a bacterial infection, the treatment involves the use of antibiotics.
- Together with the reception of antibiotics should undergo a course of restoration of intestinal microflora. To do this, assigned to lactobacilli or bifidobacteria, for example, Linex.
The basis of treatment is adherence to the correct diet. The basis of the diet are:
- If the baby has a fever, then breastfeed at this point should not be. It is necessary to wait until the fever drops, and then proceed to feeding. During breastfeeding the temperature rises, so it is not recommended to artificially increase it.
- For older children, it is recommended to resort to the following diet: cereals, boiled fruits and vegetables, broths, soups, boiled chicken meat, fish, jelly, yogurt, kefir.
- Feed babies can only be such types of dishes that have been steamed or boiled.
- Products such as milk, fresh fruits and vegetables, nuts, candy, etc. should be excluded from the diet.
All that a baby consumes affects its health and development. The more correctly and more useful it eats, the less a crumb will be sick. Additionally, you can resort to traditional methods of treatment, but it is necessary to consult with a specialist.
Causes of diarrhea in a child
As shown by pediatric practice, vomiting, fever and diarrhea in a child are often signs of an acute infection. Next, we present only a few of the most common infectious diseases with similar symptoms.
- Adenovirus infection. The chair becomes like gruel, there are bouts of nausea and vomiting. In addition, the child is worried about dry cough, runny nose and manifestations of conjunctivitis. The most difficult such infection occurs in babies up to 6 months.
- Dysentery. With this infection, the child has green diarrhea, with an admixture of mucus and plenty of fluid. The baby's tongue is usually covered with white bloom, headache and cramps appear in the abdomen. Appetite noticeably reduced. At the onset of the disease, the baby is worried about the high temperature (up to 39 ° C). By the way, it often turns out that the child consumed milk about a day before the onset of the disease.
- Salmonellosis. With the development of this disease, the onset is usually stormy. He is accompanied by repeated vomiting, severe abdominal pain and bloating. The stool becomes green, slimy and fetid. Infection occurs from eating insufficiently roasted meat or eggs of ducks and geese.
- Escherichiosis. This infection is manifested by repeated vomiting, abdominal distention, as well as a specific condition of feces - it becomes slimy, orange, with whitish inclusions in the form of lumps. The child has pronounced dehydration.
How does the infection enter the baby?
If the child is a year old, diarrhea and vomiting become a serious test for his body. Yes, and older children are difficult to tolerate such a state.
Most often, bacteria, viruses or fungi enter the body with unwashed vegetables and fruits or with raw water, which, for example, occurs in the baby’s mouth when bathing in a pond. Crumbs, whose teeth are being cut, generally try to drown out severe itching in the gums with any object sent into the mouth.
As you can see, there is nothing new in this information. However, infectious diseases with diarrhea and vomiting do not become more rare. Yes, and hygiene has not yet become an unshakable rule.
Child year: diarrhea - what to do?
Depending on what caused the indigestion, diarrhea, which appeared in one-year-old children and those that are older, looks different.
- It may be liquid stool, similar to gruel, interspersed with mucus, blood, pus and a sharp unpleasant odor.
- Sometimes it acquires a heterogeneous consistency, and in it pieces of undigested food are visible.
- And sometimes the feces become fatty and shiny, badly washed off from the skin of the child and from the walls of the pot.
When referring to a specialist, be sure to tell him how your baby's feces looked so that the doctor can make the correct diagnosis. After all, for example, if a child has a year, fever and diarrhea mixed with blood, they can indicate that a large intestine is damaged by dysentery or E. coli - which is very dangerous for the health of the baby.
A combination of symptoms can tell a lot.
A one-year-old baby and older children already have a chair that usually looks thick and fairly decorated. However, the single manifestations of indigestion should not greatly disturb the parents, especially if the baby does not have a temperature, and the diarrhea itself lasts no more than 3 days.
But if your child has a year, diarrhea, vomiting, fever and abdominal pain - this is the reason for a serious examination and treatment. After all, even just diarrhea in combination with pain in the abdomen can signal that the baby has appendicitis or renal colic. By the way, the same symptoms may occur with pancreatitis or in the early stage of intestinal obstruction.
When to take action is imperative
The quick reaction of parents can sometimes drastically change the course of the baby’s illness. If diarrhea in a child 2 years old or a little older is manifested in the following situations, a visit to the doctor should be immediate:
- you suspect poisoning by spoiled food or mushrooms,
- along with diarrhea in the child, the temperature rose above 38 ° C,
- diarrhea is accompanied by acute abdominal pain,
- diarrhea appeared while traveling to a country with a warm climate,
- she befell all the family members
- the child has a strong weakness, it is difficult for him to breathe and swallow,
- significant dehydration is detected (sunken eyes, the baby cries without tears, it has very dark urine, or none at all),
- yellowed skin and mucous membrane of the eyes,
- weight loss joined diarrhea.
Once again: the above signs are very serious symptoms that require immediate medical attention!
General rules for intestinal upset
Regardless of who is affected by a disease, a one-year-old, two-year-old baby or child of 3 years old, diarrhea, vomiting and other symptoms of indisposition require the same actions from parents.
The first thing that should worry you is the fight against dehydration, which is especially dangerous for babies in their first years of life. And keep in mind that the smaller the weight of the crumbs, the faster it comes. So, be sure to ensure the intake of fluid. To do this, use ready-made solutions that are available in pharmacies ("Regidron" or "Gastrolit"). Or make them at home.
To do this, in a liter of boiled water, pour a teaspoon without a hill of salt and add there from 4 to 6 tsp. sugar (this solution is stored no more than a day).
Before the arrival of the doctor, do not give the child a remedy for vomiting, so as not to distort the manifestation of the disease and not interfere with the exact diagnosis.
What should not be given to a child with diarrhea?
Diarrhea in a child of 2 years or other age does not allow him to give sweet tea, fruit juice, soda as a drink. Boiled milk and chicken broth are also unacceptable.
In no case do not give the enzyme preparations such as "Festal". This can increase diarrhea, especially if the child has a viral infection. Do not water it with potassium permanganate - under its influence, a stopper of feces is formed, which prevents the contents of the intestine from escaping, which can be dangerous.
Antibiotics may also be a cause of diarrhea.
Modern mothers have long understood that without particularly compelling reasons, it is not worth giving antibiotics to a child. Since they, bringing undoubted benefit, can cause many unpleasant consequences. After all, together with microorganisms, pests, they destroy and beneficial bacteria, for example, those that are involved in the process of digestion. This leads to manifestations of dysbiosis.
The diarrhea that appeared in the child after antibiotics becomes a new test for the body, preventing it from recovering properly after an illness and weakening it more and more.
The fact is that with such feces in such cases many minerals, vitamins and other beneficial compounds are removed, which can not but affect the child's metabolic state. By the way, dysbacteriosis in response to the use of antibiotics in children develops much more often than in adults, and the immaturity of their digestive system is to blame.
How to deal with the problem?
What to do if a child has diarrhea after antibiotics? In the fight against this symptom will help a few simple rules.
- Provide your baby with proper nutrition by eliminating carbonated drinks from the diet, as well as raw vegetables and fruits, fatty foods, sweets and milk.
- Give him as much fluid as possible to restore her loss.
- Great help you can have and decoctions of herbs of Hypericum, fennel, peppermint or immortelle. They will stop diarrhea and help relieve inflammation of the intestinal mucosa.
And for the future it is necessary to remember that it is unacceptable to start taking antibiotics, and also abruptly stop it or change one medication to another without the advice of the attending physician! By the way, a combination of taking antibiotics with probiotics (Hilak-Forte, Linex, etc.) will help avoid dysbiosis and populate the intestines with beneficial microorganisms.
What does the green color of feces in a child mean?
But if your baby did not take antibiotics, and his stool is liquid, and even greenish, how to be in this situation? What causes diarrhea in a child in this case?
Quite often, this state is not fraught with danger. As mentioned above, in younger children the process of digestion is still not sufficiently formed, and this leads to the fact that any change in the usual diet can cause intestinal upset. The color of it often depends on the products included in the baby’s menu. So, nettle, salads, sorrel, spinach, broccoli can color your child's feces, at the same time changing its consistency. And if the baby is calm and cheerful, you should not worry.
If a child has green diarrhea accompanied by whims, refusal to eat, restless sleep, you definitely need to be examined by a doctor. Especially dangerous is the condition in which blood interspersions appear in the feces, and its smell becomes rotten.
How to understand if the prescribed treatment helps?
Diarrhea in a child of 2 years or another younger age, as you already understood, requires an appeal to a doctor. But prescribed treatment requires your control.
If the baby becomes more active, his appetite improves, and vomiting and diarrhea appear less frequently or disappear completely, then treatment helps.
If there are no signs of a decrease in diarrhea and vomiting during the day, and the baby has become sluggish and sleepy, the treatment does not go to him for the future.
Once again on how to beat baby diarrhea
Once again I would like to repeat that the manifestations of the disease that a child suffers (1 year) - diarrhea, fever, nausea and vomiting, are always a reason to go to a doctor. In this situation, parents and one-year-old crumbs, and older children should remain calm and prudence.
- Do not try to treat it yourself (especially with antibiotics), do not stop diarrhea at any cost.
- Diarrhea is a reaction of the body aimed at getting rid of harmful substances, and the main thing is to prevent the body from losing fluid.
- Stop only especially liquid and watery diarrhea, but only after consulting a doctor.
Baby diarrhea is a frequent occurrence, sometimes passing through dieting. The temperature in a bowel disorder in a child is a serious symptom indicating serious pathologies in the child’s body. Diarrhea and fever require close attention of parents. But first you need to establish the cause of the alarming symptoms.
Diseases with a similar symptom are subject to children of all age categories. But most of it falls on children of preschool age.
The reasons that provoked a similar reaction of the body can be infectious and non-infectious.
Low temperature - up to 37 degrees - and diarrhea can be observed in case of eating disorder or to become a reaction to medications. This disorder passes during the day. In diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, diarrhea often appears, and the temperature is low or normal. Loose stools caused by these factors pass on the third day.
Intestinal infection causes severe diarrhea and high body temperature - 39 degrees or higher. If the children's body is infected with an infection, urgent medical attention is required. Diseases caused by infection:
- Viral hepatitis,
- Scarlet fever, rubella.
A common disease of young children, another name is intestinal flu. Symptoms of infection: fever, nausea, vomiting, weakness. On the second day diarrhea begins. The child is capricious, refuses to eat. The signs of the disease resemble poisoning, but the temperature is observed in the baby for five days.
Proper treatment eliminates the disease after a week.
Disease of the digestive system is typical for the summer period. Occurs when using low-quality products or products whose shelf life has expired. The incubation period can last three days. Infection starts in the small intestine. Then moves to the lymph nodes. Diarrhea is strong with a strong odor. The kid has a stomach ache, no appetite. The liver and spleen grow in size.
Bacterial infection is common among preschoolers. Easily treatable with early diagnosis. Symptoms of the disease:
- Acute diarrhea, with bloody or mucous patches,
- Stomach ache.
If the disease has become severe, the child may experience convulsions.
Children with suspected illness are isolated. The diagnosis is made after examination and laboratory research of the child's material.
The infection is transmitted by airborne droplets. The first signs of the disease are manifested in the form of headache, vomiting, fever, diarrhea. After the temperature and decline of acute symptoms, a small rash appears on the skin. The child has a red throat with pus on the tonsils, the nasolabial triangle is white. The tongue is covered with a touch. A week later, the skin of the sick child begins to peel off.
Some signs are characteristic of other diseases. A similar symptom - a rash - occurs with rubella and measles.
Diarrhea and fever may be accompanied by vomiting when food poisoning is of poor quality. With intoxication the limbs are cold, the body is covered with sweat.
It is not recommended to stop vomiting and diarrhea in case of poisoning, since the body is thus cleared of harmful toxins. All that an adult can do is to give a child to drink warm clean water to avoid dehydration.
If the child is a year old and more, diarrhea is mild, and the temperature is low, you can limit yourself to a sparing diet and give your baby more liquid. Symptoms should disappear after a day. If signs of infection or poisoning are present, take action.
First of all, parents should inform the doctor about the ailment. Prior to the doctor's visit, adults can provide first aid to the baby on their own.
It is allowed to give sorbents to the baby. Permissible Smekta, activated carbon. It is important to prevent dehydration of the patient. Therefore, it is necessary to fill the water-salt balance with a rehydration solution.
If the temperature exceeds 38 degrees, you can give an antipyretic drug based on paracetamol. If the temperature of a one-year-old baby is fever-reducing in the form of candles. Heat in a child of two years - the drug in suspension. Low temperature, not exceeding the level of 38 degrees, does not require the use of drugs aimed at reducing the values.
The parent must isolate the baby from the rest of the family until the cause of the symptom is ascertained. Categorically it is impossible to give antibiotics to your baby without a prescription. It is forbidden to treat intestinal infections by yourself.
Diagnosis is an important step on the road to recovery. Having established the true cause of the baby’s condition, the doctor will prescribe the necessary drugs. To identify a disease or pathological process, laboratory studies of the biological material of the child and the study of the organs of the gastrointestinal tract will be required. The doctor gives directions for the examination of feces for dysbacteriosis and helminths. Assigns a general analysis of blood and urine, and also gives direction to the biochemical examination of blood.
Ultrasound examination of organs will quickly and painlessly detect pathological processes in the body in a small patient.
Based on the results obtained, the doctor will diagnose and prescribe treatment.
The treatment is not to eliminate the symptoms, but to eliminate the disease itself. At the same time, therapy aimed at eliminating dehydration and restoring the functioning of the organs of the gastrointestinal tract is carried out.
Diarrhea is eliminated with adsorbents. Children are allowed to take from diarrhea: Smecta, Activated carbon, Enterosgel.
If symptoms are caused by food intoxication, gastric lavage with clean water is required.
It is important to recover lost fluid. Pharmaceutical preparation is used - Regidron.
Heat is eliminated by taking drugs containing paracetamol.
For acute intestinal infection, the doctor prescribes antibiotics or antiviral drugs.
Probiotics will help restore the intestinal microflora of the baby after diarrhea.
If there is severe diarrhea with a temperature in a newborn baby, you need to call an ambulance. Parents should not take action to eliminate the symptoms. Self-medication can aggravate the situation and cause more harm to the baby’s health.
Treatment of diarrhea is impossible without dieting. Symptoms occurred in infants up to a year - feeding should not be stopped. It is necessary to reduce the volume of milk, reducing the time of feeding, but increase the frequency of meals. Diarrhea in infants passes faster due to useful substances in the composition of the mother's milk. If the baby of the first months of life is an artificial artist, it is recommended to replace the mixture with soy, until the symptom disappears.
Baby a year or more - it is recommended to exclude heavy, difficult to digest food. You can eat non-dairy cereals, lean meat, fish. It is allowed to drink fruit drinks, dried fruit compotes.
Eliminate from the diet whole milk, sweets, vegetable foods that have not undergone heat treatment. Prohibited carbonated water, fresh.
After a high temperature and severe diarrhea, the body is weakened, it takes time to recover. Do not overload the digestive system for some time after an illness.
To upset the stool and simultaneous fever does not disturb the baby, you must follow the rules for the prevention of intestinal diseases. Parents from the first days of a baby’s life should provide proper care. The infant's immunity is not strong, it is important to limit the contact of the newborn with strangers, especially unhealthy people.
It is important to strengthen the immunity of the child, to ensure a healthy diet. It is necessary to explain the rules of personal hygiene to the little man and to tell about what consequences will arise if you ignore these rules.
Parents should carefully monitor the nutrition of children, thoroughly wash and process products.
In case of diarrhea and elevated body temperature, a physical examination is obligatory, since such a symptom may indicate a serious illness. If the temperature has risen to high values, you need to call an ambulance and before the arrival of the doctors to provide the baby with all possible assistance on their own. It is important not to miss the moment and diagnose pathology at the initial stage. Only in this case, the treatment will be quick and effective.
When vomiting, diarrhea, temperature, a person thinks about food poisoning. Do not forget that there are other factors causing similar states. Main reasons:
- Food poisoning.
- Viral and bacterial infections.
- Diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
The reason - eating foods containing toxins. They are produced by pathogens. There is a poisoning within a few hours (1-12). A person has multiple symptoms. Before starting treatment, it is necessary to conduct a differential diagnosis with other diseases.
The main symptoms of food poisoning:
- Pain, abdominal cramps.
- Temperature increase (37-40 degrees).
The first sign of poisoning is nausea. Lasts short term. Soon, vomiting begins. The stomach is cleared. The process can not be stopped. Long, indomitable vomiting - an indication for the use of antiemetic drugs.
After vomiting comes relief. The person will feel weak. Pallor of the skin will appear. Now, at the end of vomiting, enterosorbents (activated carbon), other drugs (light solution of manganese, Enterosgel) are taken. In some cases, it is possible to receive small amounts of infusions of medicinal herbs (chamomile, St. John's wort).
Diarrhea (diarrhea) is a natural cleansing mechanism. It helps to remove the remains of contaminated food from the body. Depending on the causative agent of the disease, diarrhea can vary in color.
With diarrhea due to increasing peristalsis, the sick person experiences severe spasms. Sensations may persist after recovery. After diarrhea, the body is dehydrated. In case of severe dehydration, take Regidron solution.
Temperature with vomiting, diarrhea indicates the severity of the condition. The temperature of 37 degrees indicates the presence of sluggish process. Raising to 38 degrees indicates the transition of the infectious process in the acute phase. Requires careful monitoring of the human condition.
Food poisoning of light and moderate severity cure at home, improvised means. The use of antipyretic drugs, nitrofuran preparations is allowed.
A sharp deterioration in the patient's condition (headaches, fainting, blurred vision, the temperature has risen to 39-40 degrees, cardiac abnormalities have appeared) requires urgent hospitalization. Get tested, make an accurate diagnosis. Depending on this, the treatment tactics is chosen.
An adult person is more easily tolerated by food poisoning than a child. Children's body has an immature immune system. Mild disease is severe. At a temperature of 38 there is a need for hospitalization. Even if the temperature, diarrhea proceed without vomiting. Use of enemas with salted water is justified (dissolve 1 tablespoon of salt in 1 liter of boiled water).
Viral and bacterial infections
The occurrence in a person of incessant vomiting, diarrhea with temperature always gives reason to suggest infection with viruses, bacteria. Diseases are difficult. Timely laboratory tests (blood, feces, urine, and vomit) will be able to identify the pathogen. After appropriate therapy is selected.
Common viral, bacterial infections:
- Viral hepatitis.
Rotavirus (intestinal flu) is a microorganism that infects the human intestine. Infected fecal-oral way. The flu virus does not apply.The disease began to be called so because of the similarity of symptoms (temperature 37-38, runny nose, cough, headache, sore throat, vomiting, diarrhea, weakness).
When infected with rotavirus, the patient's chair becomes similar to clay, acquires a light, grayish-yellow shade. An admixture of blood appears. In a child, the disease is more severe than in an adult. If the baby is very sick, breaks, take action. Acutely the disease occurs during the first infection. The virus causes an active production of antibodies, develops a strong immunity.
There are no specific drugs. Symptomatic treatment. Ample drinking, activated charcoal, antipyretic is recommended. Be careful in dealing with patients. They are contagious, subject to isolation.
Intestinal infection is caused by the bacterium Salmonella. It occurs on contact with a sick person, animal or food. Acute development (chills, fever up to 41 degrees with nausea, vomiting, headaches).
- A specific symptom is frequent, watery stool. The chair is green, with bile, lasts 8-10 days.
- Joint pain, enlargement of the liver and spleen are often observed.
The patient is placed in the infectious disease ward. The diagnosis is made after laboratory research. The treatment is carried out with the help of penicillin derivatives, fluoroquinolones, specific bacteriophages. Antibiotics are not prescribed in the absence of blood in the stool.
The patient is prescribed abundant drinking, solutions for restoring electrolyte balance, diet, preparations for removing toxins, restoring intestinal microflora.
- toxic shock,
- renal failure.
Acute viral liver disease. The incubation period is from 7 days to 6 months, depending on the strain (A, B, C, D, E, F, G). You can become infected with dirty water, contaminated food, syringes, with unprotected sex.
The disease begins with temperature, nausea, pain in the epigastric region. Then joins aches, headache. Appetite lowered. Diarrhea, flatulence begins. There is severe pruritus.
Against this background, there is a significant increase in the size of the liver and spleen. Man breaks bile. Urine darkens, feces discolored. Signs of general intoxication are increasing. After the color of the skin and sclera of the eyes in yellow color, there is some relief.
Children suffer from hepatitis differently. If a child has always had a low body resistance, then the mild form of the disease is difficult.
If infected with hepatitis A treatment is not required. Assign a diet, bed rest, heavy drinking, antispasmodics (no-spa, papaverine), cholagogue. If necessary, add drugs for detoxification (intravenously).
Infection with other types of hepatitis is more severe. In addition to basic therapy, antiviral interferon therapy is used. Complete cure is almost impossible. Proper therapy achieves prolonged remissions. A long ban on alcohol is introduced.
- chronic diseases of the gallbladder,
Diseases of the gastrointestinal tract
Disorder of the stomach and intestines leads to the development of various diseases. Increased or decreased secretion of gastric juice and digestive enzymes causes malfunction of the internal organs. Pancreatitis, gastritis, gastroduodenitis, peptic ulcer and many other gastrointestinal diseases often appear to have similar symptoms.
Pancreatitis is considered the most dangerous. In men, it develops due to the use of alcohol and fatty foods, and in women due to gallstones, diets, and hormonal fluctuations.
The primary symptom is vomiting with an admixture of bile, epigastric pain, diarrhea, and low fever. In case of nausea in mild form and mild pain in the stomach, the patient can be treated at home, symptomatically. If the temperature has risen to 38-39 degrees, it means that pathogenic intestinal flora has become attached. Taking antibiotics will help relieve inflammation.
Disorders of the digestive system deserve attention. After a comprehensive examination, the gastroenterologist will be able to prescribe the appropriate treatment. This will save from possible complications.
Diarrhea and fever 38-39 in a child are symptoms that develop rapidly in the presence of an intestinal infection, having a sharp negative effect on the body.
How dangerous the infection is, can only be determined by a specialist, having conducted a bacteriological study with the determination of sensitivity to antibiotics, and in infants and to bacteriophages.
In any case, diarrhea and a significant increase in temperature are themselves a sign of severe intoxication with the products of pathogenic microorganisms and the inflammatory reaction.
Symptoms of infectious intestinal diseases always become abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, nausea, fever, general weakness, etc. But often there may be other signs.
On the body, the rash is able to tread, the kid is tormented by a burp. Parents should closely monitor his chair. It is often present with blood, mucus, and sometimes feces becomes completely uncharacteristic color.
- If a child under 3 has swollen gums, diarrhea, and a temperature of 39, it’s most likely a teething, but this is very rare.
- If his body is stained, it can be a symptom of measles, scarlet fever or rubella.
- Heat up to 38.5-39 degrees and diarrhea often accompany an allergic reaction, especially to iron-containing drugs.
- If the patient has respiratory symptoms and enlarged submandibular lymph nodes, then we are most likely talking about the flu or ARVI.
- If a child has a temperature of 38-38.5 and liquid stool with mucus, then there can be only two options: penetration of parasites of Salmonella, Giardia, cryptosporidium or rotavirus infection into the body. The latter is very common in children under 5 years of age, and the feces are yellow, frothy, watery in consistency.
- If a child has a stomach ache and a temperature of 38, this is a consequence of food poisoning. Concomitant symptoms include blanching of the face, and cold limbs. The reason lies in the foods eaten by the child in the last 24 hours.
- Fever in the febrile range (39-40) and the presence of blood inclusions in the feces (the so-called invasive diarrhea) is a direct indication of an intestinal infection.
All these additional symptoms indicate a particular pathology, and thanks to your observation, the doctor will be able to diagnose more quickly.
Hyperthermia in combination with diarrhea actively promotes dehydration and this is the main danger of this condition.
It is not worth hoping that the disease will pass by itself, without treatment. If a child has diarrhea, fever and vomiting, he needs urgent medical intervention.
While waiting for a doctor, you can alleviate the condition of a small patient by the following measures:
- give a child a decoction of raspberry, juice or infusion of medicinal herbs at room temperature,
- take off his extra clothes
- open the window in the room
- give it activated carbon, etc.
These measures will allow a little to bring down the temperature, ease the health and stop the process of dehydration.
It is useful to water the baby. To do this, take a liter of water, add a tablespoon of sugar, ten grams of salt and five grams of soda. Such a tool can help well when the child has a temperature of 38-39 and vomiting with loose stools. It allows you to avoid complications, reduce the manifestations of diarrhea, stop the process of dehydration, compensate for the loss of trace elements, and also to some extent stabilize the functioning of the body.
You can prepare a nutrient solution otherwise. For a liter of boiled water, you need to take eighty grams of sugar, ten grams of salt and freshly prepared juice of a couple of grapefruits or oranges.
Water your baby should be every five to ten minutes. These substances will help to compensate for the lack of electrolytes, stabilize the general state of health and metabolism.
If a child has a fever of 39 and has a stomach ache, then you cannot give him painkillers. The physician should see a clear clinical picture of the disease. In general, all the symptoms, the characteristics of their occurrence and the measures taken must be recorded by the hour, so that after that you can tell the specialist in detail.
The arriving pediatrician will prescribe the necessary therapy in each case. It will be based on the removal of the underlying cause of the disease. At the same time, he will take measures to lower the temperature, stop diarrhea and stop the process of dehydration. It is also very important to restore the normal functioning of the internal organs and the stomach affected by the disease.
You cannot give any medication to a child without a doctor's prescription. Not knowing what disease you have to deal with, you can only aggravate the condition of the baby. Therefore, all small patient drugs are allowed to take only with the full approval of the attending specialist.
If the child has a temperature of 38-39, diarrhea and vomiting, then to get rid of them are assigned:
- Antipyretic drugs (Paracetamol),
- enterosorbents (Polyphepan, Smekta, Activated charcoal, Enterosgel),
- antiemetics (Diakarb, Motilium, Zerukal),
- antibacterial substances (Norfloxacin, Ofloxacin, Ciprofloxacin),
- antiviral drugs (Kagocel, Kipferon),
- rehydration therapy (Regidron, electrolyte solutions, compotes, mineral water without gas, acidified tea with sugar),
- probiotics (bifidobacteria, lactobacilli),
- gastric lavage, etc.
These measures will help to cope with intoxication, eliminate the infection and reduce the fever.
The most tried and tested recipes that help to alleviate the condition of the baby include pomegranate juice, water with lemon juice, fresh or dried blueberries, dissolved starch or kissel, mint infusion, chamomile and calendula decoction, rice broth or porridge, carrot puree.
When liquid stools and a child’s temperature of 38 are observed, these home remedies will relieve inflammation, reduce pain in the abdomen and compensate for the lack of minerals in the body.
The child should eat at this time very moderately so as not to cause irritation of the affected organs. Medical nutrition is designed to restore the damaged microflora in the intestines. If we are talking about infants, breastfeeding can continue, but when the manifestations of the disease increase, it is better not to give him milk due to its high fat content.
If there is a temperature of 38.5 and diarrhea in a child, then from year to year you can eat:
- boiled chicken,
- lean meats,
- natural yogurts,
All dishes should be served to the child, steamed, chopped or minced.
At this time it cannot be watered with milk, coffee or cocoa, fed with raw vegetables and fruits. You should not give him fatty soups, fried foods, canned food, sauces and seasonings. Baking, sweets and chocolate should also be prohibited. It is difficult to digest food.
Diet and homemade recipes must be coordinated with a specialist. At non-compliance with recommendations of the pediatrician the hardest complications can develop.
These include blood dehydration, seizure syndrome, chronic diarrhea, syncope, metabolic disorders or dysbiosis.
The doctor may require hospitalization of the child, so until the arrival of a specialist his best not to feed at all, but only give to drink.