Symptoms such as diarrhea, vomiting, fever in children and in adults can indicate the presence of dangerous diseases. Therefore, it is important to learn how to provide first aid to the patient. It is impossible to disregard the first signs of indisposition, it is important to immediately call a doctor when he starts to vomit, and while he is driving, it is worth taking certain measures to alleviate the patient's condition.
When vomiting, diarrhea and fever can occur at the same time in an adult, especially when the stomach hurts, what to do when these signs appear? In fact, there are several diseases in which you can see a similar triumvirate. It:
- Intestinal infections in children and in adults.
- Rotavirus infections.
- Food poisoning.
- Viral hepatitis.
Causes of diarrhea, vomiting, temperature
It is possible to decide what to do when diarrhea arises, vomiting and temperature develops in a child or an adult, only after an accurate diagnosis has been identified. This can be done by specialists, but an ordinary man in the street is able to determine, by additional symptoms, what caused the strong indisposition. For example, when a child vomits, when he has diarrhea and fever, his stomach hurts, he suffers from chills and sweating, most likely he develops an intestinal infection.
The most dangerous consequence of diarrhea is dehydration, it can seriously disrupt the work of the cardiovascular system, and even be fatal, therefore, answering the question what to do when there is a temperature, loose stools and vomiting, experts recommend drinking the patient with a special solution (per liter water two teaspoons of salt, one sugar). Every ten minutes a big sip. Eliminating vomiting is not necessary, along with the masses go out toxins, which caused the appearance of diarrhea and temperature in the adult and the child. But how to treat the disease, the doctor will decide after the examination.
Various pathogens can provoke an intestinal infection, therefore, drug treatment is selected only after identifying the nature of the causative agent of loose stools. As a rule, in this case, cleansing enemas, absorbents, and drinking Regidron powder are prescribed. Intestinal infections do not last long: from 6 to 48 hours, so with proper treatment, the temperature, diarrhea and vomiting in an adult pass quite quickly.
What to do with fever, diarrhea and vomiting from rotavirus
Many people want to know what to do, how to treat diarrhea, vomiting and fever when they are caused by rotavirus infections? Unlike intestinal diseases, rotavirus infections occur very rapidly: severe cramping abdominal pain, frequent vomiting (up to 4-5 times a day), temperature up to 38 degrees and higher, diarrhea manifests itself with frequent urge to defecate (feces are yellow) It smells sour.) But these are not all the symptoms, with the development of rotavirus, the conjunctiva of the eye becomes inflamed and becomes red, the throat becomes red, a rash often appears, what to treat and what to do if liquid stool appears and the diagnosis is confirmed? Comprehensive treatment is symptomatic. That is, first treated nausea, vomiting, then diarrhea, at the same time the high temperature gets off. Drugs are selected based on the age of the patient, so treatment in an adult and a child may differ.
Food poisoning and diarrhea, vomiting and temperature in an adult
And what to do when the temperature, diarrhea and vomiting become symptoms of food poisoning, than to treat an indisposition in this case, especially when the stomach hurts? We act according to the following scheme:
- First, we wash the stomach, remove the remnants of what provoked indigestion.
- Then give the patient enterosorbents to drink. They will take on some of the toxins and gently remove them from the body.
- It is useful for diarrhea, to give an adult patient antidiarrheal drugs. They will quickly “tie up” loose stools.
- Any headache as well as stomach pain are eliminated by antispasmodics.
It is impossible to take antibiotics on your own in case of food poisoning and in case of indigestion (liquid stool). Decision on their appointment should only the attending physician. Nausea and vomiting should not be stopped; a blurred clinical picture makes diagnosis difficult. The type of masses, their color, the intensity of the urge may indicate the cause of the indisposition.
Viral hepatitis with diarrhea, vomiting, fever
When a child or an adult vomits, when a headache appears first, then a fever, and then diarrhea, plus a stomachache, viral hepatitis can be suspected. In this case, in addition to the listed symptoms, the patient experiences severe weakness and fatigue, he complains of loss of appetite, heaviness and discomfort in the right side, where the liver is, on loose stools. Suspicion of the diagnosis is confirmed if the urine becomes dark in color, if the feces with white diarrhea, if the skin of an adult becomes yellow, if vomiting along with bile. Our recommendations will help you understand how to treat viral hepatitis and what to do before the doctor arrives.
The patient must be put to bed, fed before the arrival of the doctor is not worth it, especially if he vomits. A doctor with suspected viral hepatitis is most likely hospitalizing the patient, the hospital will carry out all the necessary tests that will help identify the causes of indisposition and the type of hepatitis. Only after that the basic therapy will be determined, and it will become clear what to do.
Low temperature, vomiting, diarrhea
Often, diarrhea and vomiting in an adult occur on the background of low temperature, what to do in this case? A set of such symptoms may indicate a variety of pathologies. This and aggravation of already acquired diseases, and the consequences of infections, low body temperature may indicate the presence of diseases of the thyroid gland, pathologies of the brain, adrenal glands, vegetovascular dystonia, the general depletion of the body.
Rapid lowering of temperature, the appearance of fetid diarrhea and severe vomiting may indicate toxicological poisoning, chronic fatigue, lack of vitamin C. most different diseases. Therefore, when signs appear, you must immediately call an ambulance. In this case, only an advice of doctors can make an accurate diagnosis. And what to do before the arrival of the ambulance? It is necessary to lay the patient down, to provide him with complete peace, abundant drinking regime.
From the above, it can be seen that high fever, headache, vomiting, and then diarrhea can occur for various reasons, so it is important to pay attention to other associated symptoms. They will tell you what to do and how to act in a situation when the stomach hurts, when there is a cough, headache, chills or a rash. In any case, it is not worth doing the treatment yourself; when three signs appear, you should immediately consult a doctor.
Fever, aches, headache, nausea, vomit, fever
Hitting the stomach and intestines, rotaviruses, enteroviruses (noroviruses), astroviruses, adenoviruses cause multiple vomiting and unstoppable diarrhea.
Intestinal (gastric) flu is transmitted from person to person with kisses and coughs, as well as through dishes, hygiene items and toilet. You can become infected through the water - bleach does not kill the virus. Attacking all around, the virus quickly spreads. Often they get sick with whole families, classes, divisions, divisions ...
Video. Unrestrained vomiting with the whole family
The health of the infected can vary greatly, from mild ailment to life-threatening conditions. The most vulnerable are young children and old people. Do not give up! It will be unpleasant, but not for long. In adults, intestinal flu lasts 12-48 hours, and in young children up to 5-7 days.
IMPORTANT. 3-5 days after recovery, the person is still contagious.
A cure for intestinal (gastric) flu has not yet been invented
Antibiotics (ersefuril, furazolidone, levomycetin, etc.) do not act on the virus, but destroy the normal intestinal microflora.
Domestic know-how: KIP, Viferon, Arbidol - do not affect the duration and severity of intestinal flu. However, in Russia they have become an important means of psychotherapy - something must be done.
Why treat adult diarrhea?
Diarrhea or diarrhea is a protective reaction of the body to the introduction of pathogens into the intestines. Also, diarrhea occurs as a result of toxin irritation of the nerve endings and muscles of the intestinal wall. With each bowel movement a person loses a significant portion of the fluid. Without water, all the basic processes in the cells of the body cease, the brain and the cardiovascular system suffer. With significant dehydration, seizures, respiratory arrest and even patient death can occur.
What to do with diarrhea?
- Cleansing enema. Paradoxically, it sounds, but the enema cleans the intestines from toxins. Sometimes this method helps to prevent diarrhea without medication.
- Diet. In the diet should prevail products that have a fixing, enveloping and astringent action. These are mucous porridges (rice, oatmeal), crackers, and grated lean meat. It is not recommended to use cheeses, fermented milk products, milk, fatty and fried foods, as well as smoked meats, pickles and alcohol.
- Drink plenty of water. Regardless of the loss of fluid and the frequency of bowel movements, a person should drink 50 ml of fluid per day per kilogram of body weight. You can give preference to strong black tea, dried fruit compote, rosehip broth and water without gas. If drinking does not compensate for the loss of fluid, the person feels thirsty, loses weight, the skin and mucous membranes remain dry, then it is necessary to administer intravenous fluids (drip). Such events are held only in a hospital.
- Detoxification drugs (sorbents). These medicines are used to bind and remove toxins of viruses and bacteria, excess gases. Activated carbon, Smektu, Enterosgel, Polyphepan and Sorbex are widely used.
- Drugs that reduce intestinal motor activity. These include Loperamide and Imodium. In intestinal infections, the use of these drugs is not recommended, since the termination of feces will lead to the stagnation of toxins and microbes in the intestine. This group of drugs can be used for functional or inflammatory diseases (for example, Crohn's disease).
- Intestinal antibiotics (Nifuroksazid, Furazolidone). They have a direct effect on intestinal infection.
What to do with nausea and vomiting?
Nausea and vomiting in combination with diarrhea and fever indicate severe intoxication (poisoning by toxins). Vomiting is also a protective reaction of the body, aimed at cleansing the stomach from toxins and microbes. For intestinal infections and poisoning, antiemetic drugs are not recommended.
- Gastric lavage. A decrease in the concentration of toxins in the stomach will lead to a decrease in the gag reflex. As a rule, gastric lavage is carried out to clean water, that is, until the moment when there is no food residue in the wash water.
- To restore the loss of fluid is recommended to drink plenty of water. Every 15 - 20 minutes you need to do 1 - 2 sips of water, juice, fruit drink or fruit juice. It is not recommended to drink liquid in one gulp, it can provoke a repeated gag reflex.
- Antiemetic drugs are used in extreme cases when vomiting is debilitating the patient or threatens with deep dehydration. These include Metoclopramide (or Reglan), domperidone preparations (Motilium, Domrid). Parenteral forms of these drugs (in injection vials) are convenient with frequent repeated vomiting.
What to do with a fever?
Increased body temperature indicates the presence of inflammation in the body, as well as the fact that the immune system fights infection. Temperature 38.0 - 39.0 degrees may be accompanied by chills, for example, in acute intestinal infections or rotavirus infection.
- Cooling the patient. In no case with an increase in body temperature can not wrap the patient. It needs to be stripped and rubbed with cold water. If the legs and hands against the background of fever are cold, then they should be dipped in warm water, rubbed with mustard, or give the patient any antispasmodic (No shpu, Papaverine).
- Drinking plenty of fluids will help remove toxins from the body, as well as prevent dehydration, which is exacerbated by fever.
- Antipyretics. Apply at temperatures above 38.5 degrees. Paracetamol preparations (Rapidol, Eferalgan), ibuprofen (Nurofen) are widely used. It is not recommended to use acetylsalicylic acid (Aspirin) due to its aggressive action on the mucous membrane of the digestive tract.
Primary lesion of the gastrointestinal tract
- acute gastritis, accompanied by diarrhea, vomiting and fever,
- exacerbation of pancreatitis - pancreatic pathology,
- inflammatory process in the gallbladder,
- any form of hepatitis,
- intestinal inflammation,
- violation of microflora in the intestines,
- tumors in the organs of the gastrointestinal tract,
Food or other poisoning
When food poisoning symptoms quite typical. Non-food poisoning can occur as a result of inhalation of mercury or heavy metal salts.
Intrusion into the body of infection. We are talking about these diseases:
Only a qualified specialist can determine which pathology has provoked the indicated symptoms in a particular patient.
The fact is that it is possible to make a final diagnosis only after a thorough examination of the body and taking several tests.
How is the diagnosis
In order for unpleasant symptoms to stop bothering an adult, he must go to a medical facility. It is in the inpatient setting that the patient is examined and prescribed adequate treatment.
Modern diagnostics is based on the following activities:
- Survey of the patient, during which the doctor examines his history and makes a preliminary conclusion about the general state of his health.
- Laboratory tests: a study of blood and feces, which make it possible to confirm or refute the presence in the patient's body of inflammation.
- Conducting ultrasound diagnosis, which shows the abdominal organs.
- Indications for rectal body temperature, which are required if the doctor suspected appendicitis.
- Sowing biological materials necessary for determining the type of infection.
Such diagnostic measures allow with an accuracy to identify the cause of these symptoms and understand what to do next.
How to distinguish an infection from a more serious surgical pathology
A person who has diarrhea, vomiting and increased body temperature should not hesitate to visit a specialist, because it is very important to determine in time the exact cause that provoked these symptoms.
The disease of infectious nature occurs due to the fact that the patient ate something wrong.In this case, diarrhea can be of several types: yellow, green or watery.
Yellow feces are indicative of colibacillosis, green feces are indicative of salmonellosis, and watery feces indicate that an adult has developed a rotavirus infection.
In the vomit initially can be undigested products, and then only water and bile.
Infectious pathologies provoke bloating and soreness in the stomach. It becomes much easier for the patient if he presses the belly.
If vomiting with fever is combined with a surgical disease, then this situation is considered very difficult and dangerous. Here a characteristic symptom is a sharp pain in the abdomen.
In the presence of pancreatitis, it may be ill with a shingles and localize in the area of the right rib. Appendicitis is characterized by the presence of pain in the lower abdomen.
What to do with diarrhea, vomiting and temperature
If a person becomes sick and has diarrhea, accompanied by fever, experts do not recommend taking antidiarrheal medications immediately - Imodium or Loperamide.
This advice is particularly relevant when the causes of diarrhea have not been established, and to consult with a doctor in the near future will not work.
The fact is, diarrhea and vomiting help to cleanse an adult’s body of all kinds of toxins, and if this process is interrupted, the poison will enter the bloodstream and spread throughout the patient’s body.
If the temperature has jumped sharply and the person is tormented by nausea and diarrhea, then treatment with enterosorbents can be performed. These include activated carbon, sorbex, smecta or white coal.
The dosage of drugs must be studied strictly according to the instructions, otherwise side effects from taking the drugs may develop.
It should be noted that in the treatment of activated charcoal in the feces will not be visible bloody impurities or mucus, because the chair will be very dark.
In addition, the patient is allowed to do a cleansing enema to which a sorbent has been added.
In this case, Smekta performed very well. The preparation gently acts on the intestines and quickly fights toxins found in the human body.
In order to prevent the occurrence of dehydration, it is recommended to keep the normal level of water-salt balance.
This can be done with the help of Regidron. But it is worth remembering that this substance may cause vomiting if the patient has allergies or intolerance to a particular drug.
If a person simply “ripped off” his stomach by excessive consumption of too fatty foods, then he should immediately drink Festal or Mezim - means that improve the process of digestion and metabolism.
In the event that nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and fever have become symptoms of a bacterial infection, antibiotic treatment will have to be carried out.
It should be noted that this type of medication should be prescribed only by the attending physician, because self-medication can significantly aggravate the situation.
At home, before consulting with a specialist, you can drink a tablet Nifuroksazida, struggling with diarrhea.
Very often, people try to bring down the temperature that accompanies diarrhea. But you should not do this, because with the help of temperature the body protects and fights against the disease.
In this case, an adult must be examined by a doctor, and before his arrival you need to drink more fluids that will prevent dehydration and remove toxins from the body.
Nausea, vomiting and muscle spasms will go away after the patient has taken any tranquilizer. For example, diazepam.
When you need to call an ambulance
If home treatment does not help, the temperature does not fall for 24 hours, the person continues to be disturbed by vomiting and diarrhea, then you need to go to the doctor.
You can call an ambulance to the house in the following cases:
- The diarrhea looked like a mud from a swamp.
- In humans, there is dehydration.
- In the presence of chronic pathologies of the cardiovascular or renal system.
- If the patient has a history of diabetes.
- With severe weakness and unbearable pain in the abdomen
- When a blood streak appears in the stool.
- When darkening and reducing the volume of urine.
All the symptoms described are signs of serious pathologies that require immediate intervention by a highly qualified medical professional.
Folk remedies for the treatment of vomiting and diarrhea
Many people distrust traditional medicine. And in vain, because the recipes of healers can help quickly cope with fever, chills, vomiting and diarrhea.
In addition, healing infusions and decoctions give a person strength and provoke a speedy recovery.
Experts identify several basic recipes, using which a person will no longer be bothered by vomiting, diarrhea, and elevated body temperature.
These recipes are:
- Cooking chamomile decoction, which relieves spasm in the gastrointestinal tract.
- Drinking tea with the addition of lemon, which is appropriate in the case when the patient has diarrhea and loss of strength.
- If the temperature has risen, then you can use the popular treatment with hips. This tool has diuretic properties, so the temperature will decrease and the chills will disappear.
- Remove the pain in the abdomen, and eliminate the symptoms of poisoning will help decoction of dill seed. If you drink it regularly, it will improve intestinal peristalsis and eliminate spasms.
- Treatment with ginger will relieve a person from vomiting and diarrhea; moreover, fever will instantly drop. In order not to harm the body and not to provoke vomiting even more, you should drink ginger tea in small portions. This is due to the fact that it is quite fragrant and strongly affects the sense of smell.
- Pomegranate infusion. This natural remedy removes all accumulated toxins and kills the infection that has settled in the human body.
The broth is prepared as follows: take 2 tablespoons of pomegranate peels, pour them with 0.5 liters of boiling water and leave under the lid for about half an hour. After that, they drink 50 milliliters several times a day.
It is worth considering that this treatment should not be a substitute for taking medication.
If a person's body temperature rises during diarrhea, then it is better to use the complex therapy, which allows to achieve the maximum effect.
Although folk medicine is strong in treating diarrhea and vomiting, the symptoms are so severe that the use of medicines cannot be avoided.
What exactly should be prescribed to the patient should only the doctor decide, for it is not always possible to overcome the illness on their own.
From all of the above we can conclude: increased body temperature, combined with diarrhea and vomiting - these are signs of various pathological processes in the human body.
Problems can be both minor and quite serious, so self-treatment is prohibited.
At home, one can only guess about the true causes of the symptoms under consideration, so consulting with a specialist is a guarantee of a quick recovery and prevention of life-threatening complications.
If you have vomiting and / or diarrhea:
- stop eating
- Do not shove medicines, for example, activated carbon or smectu - vomiting will increase,
- drink liquid (water, tea, compote, kissel) in small sips - unfortunately, in the first hours of the disease and this increases vomiting,
- if vomiting is repeated, and even diarrhea - it's time to drink saline solutions (guest, rehydron, glucosalan),
How to make saline solution from dehydration with your own hands! Water or weakly brewed chamomile tea 700 ml + decoction of dried apricots and / or raisins 300 ml + 4-8 teaspoons of sugar + 1 teaspoon of table salt + 1/2 teaspoon of soda. Drink in small sips.
- if there is no vomiting or it has already stopped, take a smect, enterosgel or activated charcoal.
Recipe "blue" jelly from Natalia (see comments): At the first signs of poisoning, medicinal kissel is an amazing thing! I advise you to take note of this recipe: bring 800 ml of water to a boil, pour a mixture of 200 ml of water + 5 tsp in a thin stream. potato starch + 5 tsp. sugar + 5 times at the tip of a knife citric acid. Minute boiled and turned off. Kissel must be cooled. For 1 cup of warm (attention, not hot) jelly 1 TEA spoon of pharmacy iodine. Kissel will become BLUE color. In the people it is called: "BLUE KISSEL". Take 1-2 tbsp. spoon every 10 minutes, so as not to provoke vomiting. Feels very fast. Be sure to save yourself this recipe and be healthy.
Stopping vomiting and diarrhea is NOT recommended.
Vomiting and diarrhea are removed from the stomach and intestinal viruses with their toxins. Stopping vomiting and diarrhea, you lock in toxic toxins inside. They are absorbed into the bloodstream and poison the body. Very often, an hour after taking motilium or cerukal, a high temperature rises, chills appear, a headache - these are toxic toxins penetrate into the blood.
If vomiting and diarrhea are not physically tolerable for you or you have an important business date, then:
- suppress vomiting - motilium (through the mouth), cerucal (injection),
- diarrhea is stopped - loperamide (imodium, lopedium, enterobene, suploplops), lispafen, reacek, debridate.
Temperature, aches, abdominal pain, headache - what to do?
- You can afford a little painkiller - nurofen or paracetamol. In large doses, the drugs act badly on the stomach.
- Never give children aspirin or analgin - a lot of side effects. Analgin, also known as metamizole sodium, is banned in Europe, America and another 40 countries.
IMPORTANT. If after 36 hours you still have a stomach ache, fever, blood in the vomit or feces, consult a doctor.
After 12-24 hours you can gradually start eating. To begin with, crackers, donuts, rice porridge on water, bananas, mashed potatoes will do. There should be small portions. For a while it is necessary to refuse fried, fat, sharp. And also to exclude from the diet milk, alcohol, coffee, fast food.
You already feel better ... It will take time to adjust the work of the stomach, intestines, liver and pancreas. Someone can not do without the help of pills.
- The coating agents (phospholus, maalox, almagel) will protect the gastric and intestinal mucosa: take 1 hour after eating and at night 3 p / d - 5-10 days.
- Enzymes (creon, mezim, pancreatin, abomin) for better digestion: take with food for 7-14 days.
IMPORTANT. Viral gastroenteritis can be confused with gastroenteritis caused by bacteria (Salmonella, E. coli, Yersinia, etc.) or parasites (Giardia, amoeba dysentery). Bacterial gastroenteritis is treated with antibiotics. If liquid stool persists for more than 48 hours, donate feces to the intestinal group, eggs, worm, and protozoa. Take an intestinal antibiotic - just in case of fire. For example, furazolidone, ersefuril, levomycetin.
Intestinal flu can hurt again and again. Some people get sick 2-3 times a year.
Take care of yourself your Diagnostician.
Thank you, dear commentators. A lot of interesting. And most importantly - from life.