Inflammation of the mucous membrane of the digestive organ is a common pathology of the gastrointestinal tract. Such a lesion is called gastritis. Deviation is of two types - chronic and acute. Accompanied by pain in the stomach and nausea. With a strong deterioration of health, the patient needs an ambulance. High risk of complications. Gastritis is accompanied by a violation of the process of digestion. As a result, the body does not receive the necessary vitamins and trace elements. The patient complains of a significant breakdown, body weight is reduced.
Features of the development of pathology
Inflammation of the mucous membrane in the stomach occurs for a number of reasons. The main trigger factors include:
- Helicobacter pylori infection
- constant failure to comply with the diet,
- the use of coarse products that irritate the walls of the body,
- eating too hot or cold food
- dry food and on the go
- excessive amount of alcohol
- uncontrolled medication or non-compliance with the recommended dosage,
- work in hazardous production,
- constant contact with chemicals
- intoxication of the body,
- hereditary predisposition.
Acidity varies with the use of harmful and low-quality products. Regular neglect of proper nutrition sooner or later leads to the development of an inflammatory process in the digestive organ.
Pathology often occurs in people who have bad habits. Nicotine and alcohol adversely affect the stomach. Other internal organs also suffer.
It is recommended that any medications be used only as directed by the attending physician. Dosage should be strictly observed. Otherwise, an inflammatory process will form in the stomach. Usually the pathology is due to potent drugs.
Gastritis provokes a large number of unpleasant symptoms. At first, pathology may not manifest itself. The clinical picture will be expressed only at the advanced stage. It is necessary to regularly undergo diagnostics for prophylaxis in order to detect deviation in time.
Gastritis is accompanied by the following symptoms:
- a cutting or pulling pain in the stomach, the symptom may appear periodically or be present on a regular basis,
- burning sensation in the esophagus,
- rapid weight loss,
- feeling of fullness in the stomach,
- an unpleasant taste in the mouth
- the presence of a dense plaque in the language
- significant loss of strength
- disorders in the heart and vascular system,
- blanching of the skin,
- change in the nature of feces.
Symptoms increase at the time of exacerbation. In this case, an admixture of blood is observed in the feces and vomit. The patient may lose consciousness. There is anemia. The skin is pale, and the hair and nails are brittle, the stomach pain is sharp and paroxysmal. The patient experiences fever, changes in blood pressure levels.
What to do
First aid for gastritis is necessary during exacerbation. During this period, the patient becomes more pronounced with one or more symptoms. The pain can grow to unbearable.
If necessary, you should call the ambulance brigade. Before their arrival, you need to help yourself:
- the patient must take a horizontal position
- a hot water bottle is placed on the belly,
- should take warm tea.
If necessary, you can drink painkillers that envelop the digestive organ. These include De-Nol and Maalox. Beforehand it is necessary to familiarize with the instruction and whenever possible to consult with the doctor.
If the deterioration of health is provoked by intoxication, you should wash the stomach. If a stool is broken, a laxative and enema is recommended.
Gastritis is a disease that, when exacerbated, rapidly leads to the formation of complications and requires hospitalization. Without first aid can not do. Even with improved well-being, you need to call a doctor.
In the period of exacerbation for 2 days is required to give preference to therapeutic fasting. After this time, it is allowed to eat cereals and soups in vegetable broth.
Diet for chronic gastritis
With diet food the amount of calories consumed remains the same. Food and cooking methods change, all dishes are mechanically processed. Even porridge served in shabby form. Soups are cooked mucous membranes, finely minced meat, it is advisable to cook food from minced meat.
Excluded vegetables with a content of coarse fiber - legumes, cabbage, etc., flour products. All dishes are served warm, their average temperature is 45 ° C. The food is boiled, baked or steamed. The patient must completely abandon the fried, fatty, spicy and salty.
Eat slowly, chewing all the pieces carefully. Meals should consist of small portions, the whole meal is divided into several receptions.
Fresh gastritis vegetables and fruits are poorly digested and therefore it is desirable to bake or boil them. Kissels or mousses made from berries and fruits work well. If the diet is followed correctly, it will be possible to avoid exacerbation of the disease.
If the attack of gastritis has begun and the pain does not leave, in this case, first aid is necessary, which will prevent further development of the disease. It consists in washing the stomach. The patient needs to drink ½ l of water for 1 time and induce vomiting on his own. This is done as long as the vomitus will not cease to appear food particles.
If an aggravation has begun, a temporary abstinence from food is necessary. Fasting lasts 1 day. It is recommended to drink decoctions of chamomile, rosehip, mint and plain clean water.
If nausea and vomiting occur, prokinetics can be taken.
These medicines are aimed at improving gastric motility. These include Motilium, Tsirukal, Trimedat. In case of a painful attack, antispasmodics are indicated - Papaverine, Drotaverine, etc.
All these measures involve first aid to a person with a gastritis attack. As soon as the patient's condition improves, you should immediately go to the doctor for further diagnosis and treatment. You may need to go to the hospital. On average, hospital treatment is carried out for 2-3 weeks.
Stomach treatment with gastritis
If the aggravation is not so strong, then help is provided at home. Popular therapy in this case as an auxiliary treatment can significantly improve a person’s condition.
Compound therapy has long established itself from the best side. For the preparation of medicinal juices using tubers or plant stems. Fresh juice should not stand more than 10 minutes, for its preparation use only fresh plants.
Before you engage in such self-treatment, you should consult with your doctor. If the secretory activity of the stomach is increased, then carrot juice is recommended. Take it 3 times a day for ½ cup. Take it to 30-60 minutes before meals in the form of heat. If the juice is well tolerated, the course of treatment lasts for several months.
Hypersecretory gastritis is treated with cabbage juice. To begin it is necessary to drink on ¼ glasses. If there is no change for the worse, the dose is increased to ½ cup or even to the whole. Reception is carried out 3-4 times a day. The course lasts 2 months. During this time, the symptoms of gastritis should disappear. But if you feel a deterioration of the condition, diarrhea or abdominal distention has begun, then the treatment should be stopped immediately.
With increased acidity and atrophic gastritis, potato juice is shown. It has anti-inflammatory, regenerating and analgesic effects. You need to drink juice for 1 hour before meals for ½ cup. Not everyone can tolerate the taste of potato juice, so it is allowed to add a spoonful of honey or mix it with carrot juice.
In case of inflammation of the stomach with reduced secrecy, it is recommended to take beet juice. The course lasts 2 months. Begin reception is carried out with 1 tbsp. l Gradually, the dose is brought to 100-200 ml.
Treatment with medicines is carried out on the basis of the following indicators:
- the clinical picture of gastritis,
- the severity of the inflammatory process
- the presence of concomitant diseases.
The basis of therapy consists of the following actions:
- taking necessary medications,
- application of traditional medicine methods.
If you have gastritis, first aid is provided by eliminating the cause that caused it. Medicines are prescribed for a period of 1 month, although this is determined by the attending physician.
The treatment scheme is as follows:
- If poisoning has happened, then a gastric lavage is performed; you need to drink a water-saline solution. Of the medications prescribed schmpasmolitics, enterosorbents and antiemetic drugs.
- For catarrhal gastritis, gastric lavage will be required with warm water or 0.5% soda solution. Required are bed rest and health food. Bismuth preparations are necessary for the enveloping of the gastric mucosa, belladonna preparations - for relieving pain.
- If bacterial gastritis has developed, treatment is carried out with antibiotics.
- In chemical lesions of the stomach, diffuse gastritis often develops. In this case, treatment is aimed at removing toxins, eliminating pain in the stomach and reducing irritation. If there are no contraindications, a probe is inserted into the patient's stomach, and thus the organ is washed. If the mucosa is damaged by acid, burnt magnesia with milk and aluminum hydroxide are prescribed. When an alkali is ingested into a stomach, the patient is shown taking a solution of acetic or citric acid. With severe pain, it is possible to take narcotic analgesics, such as Omnopon, Morphine hydrochloride, Promedol.
- When purulent gastritis treatment is carried out after a thorough diagnosis and usually involves surgical intervention. In parallel, the patient should receive antibiotic therapy.
If acute first aid is given in case of acute gastritis, and the disease is diagnosed and fully treated, then the attacks of the disease will not bother you.
Signs of acute gastritis
An attack of acute gastritis may occur due to the intake of poor-quality food, the use of alcoholic beverages and some drugs, such as aspirin.
Recognize the attack of this disease by the following symptoms:
- pain in the stomach, which is aggravated after eating,
- nausea and vomiting:
- bitterness in the mouth
- excessive salivation, tongue lined,
- weakness and paleness of the skin,
- sometimes a rise in temperature is possible.
If a patient has an attack of the disease, which proceeds with the formation of erosion, then in addition to the above symptoms, blood clots will be visible in the vomit. The symptom of internal bleeding is tarry stools.
When the above symptoms appear, the patient needs to call an ambulance or take him to the hospital as soon as possible, where doctors can cure him.
First aid can be provided only if the person is sure about his diagnosis.
How to help?
The attack of acute gastritis is always accompanied by pronounced symptoms. To relieve the patient's condition, he needs to give first aid until the doctor arrives.
First you need to provide bed rest. With full confidence in the diagnosis, you can make a gastric lavage with a 1% solution of baking soda. If there is a disorder in the stool, it is necessary to put a cleansing enema or give a laxative.
To cure gastritis, complex treatment is necessary, which will be prescribed after a thorough examination. It usually includes drug therapy and a special diet.
On the first day of the attack should refuse to eat. The patient is shown only a heavy drink.
On the second day, you can include in the diet mucous porridges on the water, vegetable purees, broths, white crackers, unsweetened tea and well cooked lean meat.
If the patient does not feel better in a day, then a gastroenterologist will be required. To cure or alleviate the symptoms of a severe form of the disease is possible only in a hospital.
Treatment of acute gastritis folk methods
To the attacks of gastritis recur as rarely as possible, it is necessary to follow all the doctor's prescriptions, but you can also pay attention to the recipes of traditional medicine. They are part of a comprehensive treatment well help to cope with this disease.
- An attack of gastritis can take a person by surprise, and an uncomplicated prescription will help to deal with the unpleasant symptoms of an exacerbation of the disease. For its preparation it is necessary to take 1 tbsp. spoon the following herbs: plantain, sena, nettle, calendula, chamomile, yarrow and valerian root. The resulting mixture should be poured with a liter of boiling water and boiled for two minutes. It is necessary to use this remedy 100 ml three times a day, always before meals.
- To cure gastritis with low acidity, you can use cabbage juice. It is necessary to squeeze a glass of juice from cabbage leaves and take it half a cup twice a day before meals. The shelf life should not exceed 48 hours, otherwise the therapeutic effect will not be the same.
- If a person has an increased acidity, then potato juice will help him to cure gastritis. It is necessary in the morning on an empty stomach to drink half a glass of juice. After which you should lie down for a while, and then you can start breakfast. This folk remedy well helps to cope with the symptoms of the disease, but treatment should be continued for 10 days.
Gastritis is a serious disease that should not be neglected. It is not always possible to quickly cure gastritis, the patient must follow a diet for a long time so that the gastric mucosa can recover. It is very important in the treatment of this disease to eliminate the cause of its occurrence.
Before the arrival of the doctor, a child with exacerbation of gastritis can alleviate their well-being. Emergency treatment includes:
- washing the stomach with a weak soda solution,
- hot water bottle on the epigastric region,
- warm compress on the stomach,
- the use of No-shpy with severe pain syndrome,
- bed rest,
- therapeutic fasting for 8 hours after the onset of an attack.
Before you give your child a drug, you need to consult with a pediatrician. It is strictly forbidden to violate the dosage recommended by the doctor. It is important that fresh air is present in the room.
Healing after the attack
As soon as the condition improves, the patient should visit a gastroenterologist. This is necessary to confirm gastritis and the selection of the most appropriate treatment. The patient is given directions to:
- Ultrasound of the abdominal organs,
- blood and urine test.
In addition, they can prescribe a fecal mass to detect hidden blood. Based on the results of diagnosis, treatment is selected. Fast first aid helps to improve the condition, but does not eliminate the pathology. The patient is recommended:
- antibacterial drugs,
- drugs to enhance the production of gastric juice.
Any medicine before use should be agreed with the doctor. Self-medication is dangerous.
How to prevent inflammation
The patient must comply with preventive measures in order to prevent the recurrence of an attack. Recommendations are simple to implement. The patient should stop smoking and stop drinking alcohol even occasionally.
In addition, it requires:
- eat only healthy and fresh foods with a minimum amount of additives,
- refuse fatty and fried, as well as confectionery, smoked meat, pickles and marinades,
- use drugs only when absolutely necessary
- always have at home drugs to eliminate the attack,
- eat at least 5 times a day,
- observe the diet.
With the observance of preventive measures, the patient's condition improves significantly. Reduced risk of recurrence of the attack.
About nutrition during gastritis can be found in the video: