When stomach cramps hurt, this is a signal that a malfunction of the digestive organ has occurred. Contractions of the smooth gastric muscles are repeated at intervals of three minutes to several hours. In addition to pain, there is a disorder in the secretion of the gastrointestinal tract. How does this happen and for what reasons? Let's talk about it in this article.
Stomach sore spasms: why?
The main causes of contractions are:
- stressful situations for a long time
- poisoning with any product
- hypothermia of the body, for example during a long walk,
- failure to follow the diet: skipping dinner or lunch, eating large volumes of food in one sitting,
- bad habits: smoking on an empty stomach,
- individual intolerance of individual products,
- the use of strong coffee in large volumes
- taking certain medications
- eating spicy foods
- the result of exposure to certain chemicals.
As a rule, stomach ache spasms in people who are emotionally unstable, and in those who tend in most cases to a depressive state. The main factor that provokes contractions is vascular dystonia.
If a person is ill, for example, an ulcer or gastritis, then this is also the cause of contractions of smooth gastric muscles.
What causes spasms?
There are a number of the most frequent stimuli for a given symptom:
- Long-term harmful food. This is the use of fatty and spicy foods, regular drinking of sugary carbonated drinks.
- Binge eating. Usually, such an eating disorder is replaced by small periods of nutrition in small portions. Strongly stretched and sore stomach begins to suffer convulsively in spasms.
- Smoking. This bad habit is on the second place in the list of the main causes of gastritis. Often, nicotine disruptions in the body lead to inflammation of the gastric mucous layer.
- Nerve strain. Prolonged stress at work, school or at home leads to problems with the digestive system. With the help of nutrition a person gets energy for life. Long periods of fear or resentment break this main force factory, which has a devastating effect on the human body. Almost immediately appears annoying gastritis and spoils life.
- The course of medication. Prolonged use of drugs often alters the intestinal microflora, as well as crippling the stomach. This inflammation contributes to heartburn, pain and other unpleasant symptoms.
Usually, cramps last no longer than a couple of days. But with acute gastritis, seizures can last longer. Consider that sometimes cramps indicate quite serious problems with the body. If in the aggregate there is also vomiting with blood - be sure to call the doctor. Help is needed even if the mucous membranes of the eyes have a strange color. Also, be careful with a long lack of appetite, severe malaise and prolonged pallor.
Specialists from the field of gastroenterology decided to allocate several varieties of spasms in the stomach. The first division divides them into:
- organic or primary - they develop against the background of already existing gastrointestinal ailments,
- secondary - arise due to damage to other internal organs,
- functional - due to the individual characteristics of the body, or rather, its response to a particular irritant, such as alcohol or drugs.
By type of flow there are:
- total stomach cramps - are quite rare and are caused by diseases of the central nervous system or gastrointestinal tract,
- regional stomach cramps - differ in the involvement of only one area of this body, often quite significant. Because of its anatomical location, it is often expressed in cramping in the upper part of the stomach.
Since in many cases severe stomach cramps are a consequence of the occurrence of gastroenterological pathologies, the most characteristic symptoms of this category of ailments will be additional clinical signs. Among them it is worth highlighting:
- bouts of nausea, ending vomiting. It is noteworthy that not always vomiting brings relief to man. The most dangerous is the appearance in the vomit impurities of mucus, pus and blood,
- heartburn and burning in the chest region,
- belching, often with an unpleasant smell,
- smack of rotten eggs in the mouth
- violation of the process of bowel emptying - for some diseases are characterized by constipation, for others - abundant diarrhea, but most often patients complain about the alternation of such signs,
- increase in the size of the abdomen,
- increased gas formation,
- the appearance of a specific rumbling and gurgling in the stomach,
- change in taste preferences
- loss of appetite or a complete aversion to food,
- sleep disturbance, since painful cramps can also be expressed at night,
- the occurrence in the fecal masses of pathological fluids,
- pain syndrome, which can be both acute and dull - it forces a person to take a forced position, to reduce the severity of discomfort,
- headaches and dizziness.
You should also indicate the category of the most dangerous symptoms of gastric spasm, including:
- every minute increase in pain,
- impaired breathing,
- problems swallowing food
- periods of unconsciousness
- development of vaginal bleeding that has nothing to do with menstruation,
- spreading pain on the scrotum,
- change the shade of feces
- fever and severe chills,
- pallor of the skin,
- no emission of urine for ten or more hours,
- strong thirst.
In cases of expression of one or more of these symptoms, especially in a child or during pregnancy, it is necessary to call an ambulance as soon as possible.
What to do with stomach cramps?
For the treatment of gastritis and ulcers, our readers have successfully used Monastic Tea. Seeing the popularity of this tool, we decided to offer it to your attention.
Read more here ...
Spasms in the stomach - infrequent, but having a problem that occurs on the background of complete health or in the presence of diseases of the digestive system. The phenomenon occurs in people of any age, in most cases, passes on their own, without medical intervention. Long or repetitive spastic episodes require examination. So, stomach cramps - what to do, what specialist to ask for help, what to treat?
Gastric spasm is characterized by a sudden contraction of the smooth muscles of the stomach under the action of a pathogenetic factor. Clinically manifested in the form of pulling, severe pain in the epigastric triangle or the left half of the abdomen. Severe stomach cramps may be accompanied by nausea or vomiting, leading to tension in the muscles of the anterior abdominal wall. In the latter case, the patient takes a forced position with an inclination forward, can not straighten.
The objective picture depends on the reasons that caused the reduction of muscles. In most cases, patients noted:
- slight psychomotor agitation,
- spastic breathing, which is caused by a reaction to abdominal pain.
In case of surgical pathology, the skin becomes pale, the facial features are sharpened (Hippocratic mask), the tongue is covered with white bloom.
Types and causes
Gastric cramps are classified:
Secondary types of pathology are organic and result from other diseases. These include:
- peptic ulcer
- erosive lesions
- stomach tumors
- toxic (including cauterizing) effects and other gastrointestinal lesions.
There is an opinion that acute appendicitis is accompanied by spasm.
Primary forms are functional and are due to the following reasons:
- psychological stress
- irregular eating and eating difficult-to-digest food,
- coffee, strong tea,
- smoking, especially on an empty stomach,
- drugs that affect the gastrointestinal tract,
- gastric dyspepsia.
It should be noted that the primary spasms, usually one-time or episodic, pass on their own within a few minutes. A phenomenon caused by somatic pathology may persist for several hours or days if the necessary assistance is missing.
Note: stomach cramps often occur in healthy pregnant women. This is due to excessive pressure on the stomach from the uterus, as well as a number of hormonal changes. Such manifestations are not considered pathological and usually do not require treatment.
By itself, a stomach spasm is easily diagnosed by a characteristic clinical picture. Special studies to detect the pathology is not required. Despite this, the patient is assigned a number of laboratory and instrumental procedures. They are necessary to establish the causes of what is happening. The patient is examined using the following types of diagnostics:
- Complete blood count - allows you to identify non-specific signs of inflammation, if any. Essential for determining inflammatory bowel disease.
- Biochemical analysis of blood - reveals abnormalities in the liver, pancreas, which can also cause spasm.
- Abdominal ultrasound - the ultrasound method is screening, allowing you to confirm or exclude the presence of pathological changes in the gastrointestinal tract.
- Radiographic techniques with contrast (RG, CT) - provide visualization of the necessary section of the gastrointestinal tract. Used primarily for the diagnosis of tumor diseases.
- EGD (gastroscopy) - allows you to make a direct visual inspection of the mucous membrane. The essence of the procedure is the introduction into the stomach of a flexible probe equipped with a video camera. In addition, the technique allows the simplest surgical manipulations (biopsy tissue sampling, hemostasis), which is especially important if the spasm is caused by a peptic ulcer or a tumor.
- Analysis of feces for coprogram and worm eggs. Parasites that live in the intestines, can cause spastic phenomena. They do not live directly in the stomach, but can affect it, releasing toxic substances. The latter enter the tissues of the body with the blood flow.
How to relieve stomach spasm
In the presence of diagnosed diseases, care should be provided in accordance with existing algorithms:
- For spasms developing on the background of hyperacid gastritis, the use of antisecretory agents is recommended (Famotidine, 20 mg).
- When vomiting is shown metoclopramide. Exceptions are cases when the emetic urge is caused by acute poisoning. In such situations, blocking the gastrointestinal tract immediately after the onset of a symptom is undesirable.
- Single short-term spasms of first aid do not require. In most cases, they are of stress origin or are the result of flatulence.
- If stomach cramps develop on the background of complete health, they should be considered functional. In such situations, let us take a non-prescription antispasmodic (Drotaverine 40 mg).
- Analgesic drugs are undesirable, but it is acceptable in the absence of the ability to quickly deliver the patient to the doctor (Analgin, 500-1000 mg, but not more than 3 tablets per day).
- It is necessary to provide rest, to unbind the constraining clothes, to calm the patient. On the epigastric region, you can put a heating pad (heat helps relax smooth muscles), if there is no reason to assume gastric bleeding.
The risk of developing gastric bleeding exists in patients with an ulcer, tumors, coagulopathies, Mallory-Weiss syndrome in history, liver cirrhosis, varicose changes of the esophagus vessels. You can determine the presence of a defect by the presence of such symptoms:
- vomit "coffee grounds"
- increase in heart rate
- cold sweat.
Critical condition, requires immediate hospitalization in the department of abdominal surgery. First aid - ice on the epigastric zone, parenteral hemostatics, delivery to hospitals.
In many sources there is information about this method of stopping spasm, like gastric lavage. In reality, the need for such a procedure occurs infrequently.
The only indication for "home" washing is the acute stage of poisoning, primarily food. In this case, the patient is present:
- common toxic syndrome often occurs.
The procedure is performed without a probe method. The victim is allowed to drink 500-1000 ml of water, after which pressing on the root of the tongue causes vomiting. Manipulation is repeated 3-5 times until the washings are clean. If bleeding or cramps are not known, the causes are unknown.
Treatment of secondary spasms is carried out by correcting the underlying disease.
- The attacks are reduced and completely disappear after the relief of gastrointestinal inflammatory processes, the elimination of worms.
- Tumors and bleeding in most cases require surgery.
- Primary spastic phenomena require the exclusion of a provoking factor. In addition, the patient may be prescribed a course of antispasmodic drugs, light sedatives, if the cause is frequent nerve overstrain.
- If there is no risk of bleeding, it is recommended to apply a heating pad on the abdominal area.
Stomach cramps - an unpleasant, but in most cases completely curable phenomenon. Timely recourse to a gastroenterologist allows you to get rid of the problem in a short time. The exceptions are inoperable tumors, in which the problem under consideration is just one of many symptoms. To prevent the development of the disease and return to life without pain, you should visit the health facilities at the first signs of malfunction of the gastrointestinal tract.
Purpose of injections, injections and droppers at a stomach ulcer of a stomach
Published: May 28, 2015 at 10:31
One of the unpleasant symptoms of gastric ulcer is pain. Particularly dangerous periods are considered spring and autumn, when the disease worsens. For the rapid elimination of the pronounced pain syndrome, doctors often prescribe anesthetic ulcer shots.
Injections begin to act almost instantly (after about 15-20 minutes), this allows to stop the acute manifestation of symptoms in a timely manner, thereby alleviating the patient's condition. The type of injection used depends on the characteristics of the human body, the phase of the disease, the severity of pain.
One of the most powerful painkillers is Novocain. He is able to quickly block the impulses that are transmitted along the nerve paths to the brain. As a result of this, a person, for some time, does not feel painful manifestations. This time is enough to take the patient to the hospital for further therapeutic interventions. Novocain, in most cases, is used by ambulance doctors.
The most effective shots for peptic ulcer disease:
- No shpa.Used as an antispasmodic. Introduced intramuscularly at 40-240 mg. With acute manifestations of the disease - intravenously at 40-80 mg. during severe spasm of the smooth muscles of the stomach.
- Papaverine. It is an antispasmodic (opium alkaloid), which relaxes the smooth muscles of the stomach, eliminating the spasm. Injections for stomach ulcers are made intramuscularly and intravenously.
- Oxyferriskorbon sodium. Drug for intramuscular administration. It has an analgesic and anti-inflammatory effect. Available in powder form in an ampoule with a capacity of 0.03 grams. Sodium oxyferriskorbon sodium is diluted before administration with sodium chloride solution. The tool is perfectly combined with novocaine or atropine sulfate. Mixing it with other medicines is not recommended.
- Atropine. This drug in the form of injections belongs to the group of m-anticholinergics (reduces the stimulation of the parasympathetic nerve endings). It is used in case of peptic ulcer of the digestive organ in the acute stage to relieve pronounced pain.
- Kvamatel, Ranitidine. Injections from gastric ulcers, which are histamine receptor blockers (H2). Their main action is to suppress the production of hydrochloric acid. Used with frequent relapses of the disease with severe symptoms.
- Reglan (Metoclopramide). The drug, which has a pronounced antiemetic effect, increases the tone of the muscles of the stomach and improves intestinal motility.
Droppers for stomach ulcers are used for acute manifestations of the disease to quickly relieve symptoms and restore the body.
Each of these drugs is prescribed by a gastroenterologist after appropriate diagnosis and a complete history of the disease.
Pain relief for stomach pains
What medicines to drink if you have pain in the stomach? This question is relevant to many, regardless of whether a person has a gastrointestinal pathology or is disturbed by dyspeptic disorder. The painkillers can arrest discomfort and epigastric pain, but there are a lot of them. Pick up the necessary tool can only be a doctor. When taking tablets uncontrollably, the pain and severity of the disease may worsen.
Nature of pain
To choose a particular drug when it hurts in the stomach, you need to accurately determine the nature of the sensations, their frequency and intensity. In case of ulcers of the gastrointestinal tract, the stomach can ache, manifested by such sensations:
- aching, pulling, dull,
- cutting, gnawing, sharp,
- cramping and spastic.
Such discomfort is also called "hunger pains." They usually pass after eating. When these sensations appear at night, in addition to the ulcer one may suspect dyspepsia, indigestion. At the same time with the pain of the stomach other pathological symptoms appear:
- violation of the bowels (constipation, diarrhea),
- bloating, flatulence,
- unpleasant smell in the mouth,
- sharp burp.
Pain in the stomach can be triggered not only by the pathologies of the gastrointestinal tract, but also by non-compliance with the rules and diet, which is expressed:
- big breaks between meals
- nutrition of low-quality, harmful products,
- quick, defective snacks.
Pain often occurs with injuries of internal organs, increased physical exertion, nervous overstrain, stresses.
How to numb with high acidity?
Excessive production of hydrochloric acid in the digestive juice helps to increase the overall acidity. As a result, the person begins to feel burning pain, constant heartburn in the stomach and esophagus. Stop an unpleasant symptom can only eliminate the cause of its occurrence. High acidity usually accompanies gastritis. In this case, it is recommended to take medications from the group of antacids. Tablets have the following effects:
- Neutralization of hydrochloric acid. The substance is secreted in the stomach to facilitate the breakdown of food.
- Reducing the activity of peptides.
- Enveloping the mucosa. The active compounds included in antacids are capable of binding bile acids.
- Increased mucus and prostaglandin production. This function is due to the cytoprotective effect.
- Regeneration and restoration of affected tissues. There is an increase in the growth and division of epithelial cells in the affected areas of the inner wall of the stomach, which accelerates the healing and scarring of ulcers.
To reduce the acidity of the proposed 2 types of antacid drugs. Absorbable drugs that are characterized by speed and almost instantaneous onset of therapeutic effect. At the same time in the stomach acid-base balance changes. However, there are disadvantages:
- short duration of action
- burp enhancement
- increase in blood pressure.
- a mixture of Bourget, "Renny", "Tams",
- magnesium oxide,
- sodium bicarbonate, calcium carbonate.
Nonabsorbable drugs that neutralize the acid for a long period of time, and do not change the acid-base balance. The group consists of:
- magnesium hydroxide, aluminum hydroxide,
- "Almagel Neo",
How to numb with low acidity of the stomach?
With a lack of acid in the stomach, there is also pain, accompanied by heaviness, bloating. What tool is suitable in this case? Nicotinic acid works best. It activates the work of centers synthesizing hydrochloric acid. The most popular such products based on nicotinic acid:
- Antispasmodics that lower muscle tone of the stomach, relieving spasm and pain. Representatives of the group:
- "Papaverine" (the main substance in the form of hydrochloride),
- Analgesics that have a more powerful analgesic effect. There are two groups of drugs: non-narcotic tablets for masking pain (Analgin, Ibuprofen, Acelisin) and narcotic drugs for severe cases (Morphine, Omnopon, Promedol).
The most popular products are:
- “Papaverin”, “Drotaverin”, “No-shpa”, “Spasmomen”, “Buscopan”, “Krasavka” - from antispasmodics,
- "Maalox", "Phosphalugel", "Almagel" - from antacids,
- "Omeprazole", "Nolpaza" - from proton pump blockers,
- "De-nol", "Vikalin" - from bismuth preparations.
In order to have a sparing effect, NSAIDs (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory) with an antispasmodic component are more often prescribed, for example:
The most common group of painkillers. Often appointed when:
- low acidity gastritis,
- ulcerative lesions of the stomach,
- gastroesophageal reflux.
Drink drugs need for:
- relieving muscle spasms,
- relief of pain of any intensity
- adjust the contractile function of muscle tissue.
By the principle of action distinguish:
For the treatment of gastritis and ulcers, our readers have successfully used Monastic Tea. Seeing the popularity of this tool, we decided to offer it to your attention.
Read more here ...
- Neurotropic medications that act on nerve impulses and stimulate muscle function. They block the signal of pain, which suppresses the spasm. The group includes M-anticholinergics, such as "Hyoscylamine", atropine sulfate, "Metocinium", "Buscopan".
- Myotropic drugs acting on muscle cells, changing the biochemical reactions occurring in them. The group includes: "Drotaverin", "Papaverin", "Spasmomen", "Papazol", "Trimedat".
According to the origin of drugs are divided into:
- Pharmacological tablets.
- The phytopreparations presented by medicinal extracts with belladonna, chamomile, lily of the valley, mint, tansy, oregano. Differ in the minimum number of side effects.
When the stomach hurts with an ulcer, gastritis and colitis, it is recommended to drink “Nosh-poo” or “Spazmalgon” as an effective emergency remedy for first aid. Tablets are endowed with a pronounced antispasmodic effect.
This group of painkillers is designed to provide comprehensive care for various diseases of the stomach. Drugs relieve pain and treat the cause of its occurrence. Antacids are treated:
- gastritis with high acidity,
- reflux disease, when pain occurs on the background of increased production of digestive juice with its reverse release into the esophagus, causing heartburn.
Medications have an alkaline environment that neutralizes the acidic environment unhindered. The classic composition of antacids includes:
- sodium bicarbonate (soda),
- magnesium oxide,
- aluminum hydroxide,
- calcium carbonate.
Popular antacids are presented with a list of such drugs:
Preparations at the same time disinfect and envelop the damaged mucous membrane, adsorb carcinogens and excess acid, providing cytoprotective protection. Active Formula Fast:
- eliminates pain, heartburn,
- stabilizes acidity
- relieves inflammation
- inhibits and removes toxins and pathogens.
In case of severe pain syndrome, “Atropine”, “Platyfilin”, “Metacin”, belonging to the class of cholinolytics of peripheral action, are recommended.
Proton pump blockers
This class of drugs is also called proton inhibitors. Their main task is to eliminate heartburn and repair damaged cells. They work at the cellular level, and thus block the secretory function of the lining cells of the stomach for the production of hydrochloric acid. At the same time, conditions are created to protect the walls of the mucosa from the effects of high acidity and regeneration processes are started to restore the functions of the digestive system.
Popular blockers are "Omeprazole", "Nolpaz", "Pantoprazole", "Lansoprazol". Such drugs quickly eliminate the pain that antacids are unable to cope with. The drugs also treat the cause: gastritis, ulcers, esophageal reflux. In combination with antibiotics, treatment of chronic ulcers becomes more effective.
Histamine receptor blockers
Medications are among their most common in the treatment of gastric ulcers. H2-blockers are endowed with a pronounced antisecretory effect. They suppress the production of acid, but it also stabilizes the production of pepsin, prostaglandins, bicarbonates and gastric mucus. There is an improvement in microcirculation in the mucous membrane, stabilization of gastric motility and the 12 duodenal process of the intestine. H2-blockers have a positive effect on the stabilization of the ultrastructural parameters of the epithelium.
Preparations of this group are distinguished by their speed and duration of preservation of the effect. They normalize the environment in the stomach, which reduces the aggressive effects of excess acidity. Popular drugs for gastric diseases:
- "Ranitidine" - to reduce the production of pepsin, hydrochloric acid, pH stabilization,
- "Nizatidine" - to suppress the secretion of acid by inhibiting the hyperactivity of acetylcholine, histamine, gastrin, pepsin,
- "Roxatidine" - to suppress pepsin, normalize the pH, reduce secretion,
- "Famotidine" - to protect against overactive effects of pepsin, histamine, gastrin, acetylcholine,
- "Zimetidin" - a budget analogue of the above medications with a shorter duration of action.
Bismuth containing drugs
This group of drugs has a pronounced bactericidal effect against Helicobacter pylori, which cause inflammation, leading to ulceration of the mucosal surface. At the same time anti-inflammatory and analgesic effect. Bismuth preparations work at the cellular level of the causative agent of the disease (ulcers, gastritis), preventing colonization of helicobacteria and reducing unpleasant symptoms. Such drugs are popular:
Drugs create an enveloping film on ulcerative and erosive wounds, providing an astringent effect, which blocks pain during inflammation.
Each anesthetic drug is accompanied by instructions for use, which clearly prescribed indications and contraindications. The main recommendations for refusing treatment with antispasmodics, blockers, and astringents are the following pathological conditions:
- an increase in the large intestine (megacolon),
- some types of colitis
- germ-affected intestines,
- chronic inflammation of the entire digestive tract (Crohn's disease),
- tuberculosis in any form or form.
During pregnancy and lactation, all types of antispasmodics are not recommended. Individually selected sparing, allowing you to quickly anesthetize and eliminate heartburn, for example, "No-shpa", "Riabal", "Paracetamol", "Nurofen". People working with moving mechanisms and driving should not use strong painkillers because of the high risk of incoordination, inhibition of psychological reactions.
Stomach cramps: what to do? Causes, symptoms of recurrent pain
The main sign of muscle contraction is a rapidly developing soreness in the upper abdomen, the general condition of a person is deteriorating. Spastic contractions can also be accompanied by nausea or vomiting, weakness. With strong cramps and pains in the abdomen, a person usually takes a bent position. Thus, there is a decrease in discomfort.
Other signs include increased gas and muscle tension of the abdomen.
Each person gastronomy can take place in different ways. Symptoms depend on the causes of the disease.
Usually, the majority of people suffering from this ailment have a question: what to do with stomach cramps? First you need to figure out why and why this happened.
Characteristics of some diseases of the stomach
Contractions of the smooth muscles of the stomach after eating are less common than on an empty stomach. When this does happen, you can suspect the presence of diseases such as an ulcer or pancreatitis.
At the first diagnosis, the pain after eating lasts about an hour, and in a hungry condition it does not.
People who are prone to frequent stressful situations suffer a reduction in the pylorus. Discomfort and even vomiting can last for about 30 minutes.
Pancreatitis is characterized by radiating back to the liver after eating.
When stomach cramps and diarrhea hurts, this is a symptom of irritable bowel. Unpleasant sensations appear within an hour after eating. Characteristic features include increased gas and stool disorder. The pain disappears when a person empties the intestines.
Acute poisoning is characterized by fever and unpleasant sensations in the stomach. If you eat a spoiled product, people have cramps in the stomach, a headache and a violation of the stool. In an infectious disease, intestinal bleeding is possible. Usually there are streaks of blood in the feces. In this case, an urgent appeal to a specialist and, if necessary, hospitalization is necessary.
When inflammation of the gallbladder, there are pains in the right hypochondrium and nausea. Sore stomach cramps, attacks after eating a large number of sweets or spicy, smoked food.
Periodic attacks in the stomach and belching sour indicate the inflammatory process of the duodenum. Diseases are characterized by temporary attenuation, and after - again exacerbations. Unpleasant sensations occur in the navel.
What is a nervous spasm?
It occurs in people who are constantly surrounded by stressful situations. They have stomach cramps, as a rule, when they experience an emotional reboot or experience. For example, this can happen after defending a thesis or after a responsible concert.In addition to pain, there may be minor symptoms, such as a disorder in the stool or intense gas formation.
A peculiar treatment and the answer to the question: "Stomach aches with spasms - what to do?" - will be: "Take a sedative drug." Also at this moment will save bowel emptying.
Why does the stomach hurt pregnant women?
As a rule, during the period when the girl is in position, she often has difficulties with the digestive system. Basically, these problems occur in the second and third trimester. This circumstance is explained by the fact that the growing uterus squeezes the digestive organs, and thus pregnant girls have stomach cramps and seizures.
One of the most common troubles that affect women in the situation is flatulence and heartburn.
An increase in not only the weight of the fetus, but also in size, leads to a shift in the digestive organs, which provokes constipation. In addition, bloating joins all of this.
Experts in this situation advise to observe diet and diet, not to eat too much food in one sitting, to drink more fermented milk drinks. Taking medications, such as laxatives, is not recommended. Because their use can lead to hypertonus. This phenomenon is considered unfavorable for the fetus.
What can be complications?
Usually not always spasms and pains in the stomach area indicate the presence of a disease. In order to be more confident that there are no pathologies, you should still conduct an examination of the body.
If all with a spasm of the stomach hurts, treatment is not undertaken, then serious consequences are possible. Therefore, discomfort can not be ignored.
People who have stomach cramps have to warn themselves against diseases such as cancer and erosion of the stomach, duodenal ulcer.
When a person has problems with the digestive organs, the weight starts to decrease or increase, hair falls out and the condition of the nails worsens.
Complications are not only people aged, but also the younger generation, which often does not comply with the correct diet. In order for you not to comprehend these diseases, you should lead a healthy lifestyle, less fall into stressful situations. A visit to a specialist at the right time is a guarantee that the effects of stomach cramps will not be so dire.
How is the diagnosis?
When stomach cramps and diarrhea hurts, a gastroenterologist in most cases begins to diagnose with palpation. In this case, the specialist determines the disease and prescribe the appropriate treatment.
More than half of paroxysmal pain in the stomach are diagnosed in this way. Other methods of examination are necessary when a person has other diseases of the digestive organs. In this case, resort to the use of special devices, instruments and analysis.
What is instrumental diagnostics?
It includes an ultrasound examination of the abdominal area, endoscopy, and X-rays. Of course, no need to go through them all. The specialist himself determines what to assign.
The endoscopic method is usually prescribed, since it is considered the most reliable and useful. During this procedure, the patient swallows a special tube with a backlight and a camera. With the help of endoscopy, you can see not only the internal organs of the digestive system, but also take a tissue analysis.
What are the tests for spasms?
As with other diseases, people who suffer from stomach pains undergo a complete blood count. That it allows you to recognize the presence of inflammation in the body. As a rule, if it is available, the number of leukocytes will be increased. Another urine test is assigned. It can also determine the presence of inflammation.
In addition, a gastroenterologist may prescribe an analysis for taking gastric juice. From it you can see the indicator of acidity of the digestive system. The results will explain the occurrence of periodic attacks in the patient.
How is the treatment?
A prerequisite for the elimination of pain in the stomach is a diet that was prescribed by a specialist.
Of course, you can never eat fried, spicy and salty foods. In addition, you can not drink coffee and carbonated drinks. Such nutrition should be adhered to not only until the symptoms disappear, but also after within a month.
Medicines are prescribed by a gastroenterologist. Any medication should be taken depending on what diagnosis was made by a specialist.
To relieve discomfort in the stomach, antispasmodic drugs like "No-shpy" and "Baralgin" are prescribed. Which medicine should be used should be determined by the doctor. It is also not worth taking care of taking these medicines yourself. Remember that they only eliminate pain, but do not eliminate their causes.
If bacteria are detected in the stomach, then, accordingly, antimicrobials and antibiotics are prescribed.
Together with these medicines, the doctor prescribes probiotics. They are prescribed to restore the intestinal microflora. If you do not take them, there may be dysbacteriosis, which is very difficult to treat.
Homeopathic medicines in modern medicine do not quite trust. But if you are sure that they help, then you can also use them.
What does prevention mean?
The activities of this nature include the refusal to drink alcohol and smoking. In addition, you must comply with proper diet. Do not eat large quantities of spicy and smoked products.
You should not expose yourself to all sorts of diets for weight loss, which also cause some harm to humans. No need to starve. Your body needs energy. But do not overeat. This is also not good. It should be eaten in small portions and several times a day. Prepare a saucer for yourself. It is from him and eat. Then you will not experience any discomfort. You need to eat on time. Breakfast, lunch and dinner - at certain times.
Chew it thoroughly during the meal. In this case there will be no load on the digestive organs. Strongly recommended not to eat on the go.
Pain in the stomach with attacks can be treated, but this process is very long. Spasms can lead to complications. All this suggests that you need a more careful attitude to your body. Do not forget to take care of health. Prevention is one of the best ways to protect people from diseases of the digestive system. So do not worry and, of course, do not forget to eat healthy food. Do not be ill and stay healthy!
Finding out the reason why a person has stomach cramps is not possible without laboratory and instrumental studies. However, before they are appointed, the gastroenterologist must independently perform a number of manipulations, namely:
- to study the history of the disease, because very often spasm and pain are expressed against the background of chronic ailments of the gastrointestinal tract,
- familiarize yourself with the patient's life history - to determine the nature of food and lifestyle,
- conduct a physical examination aimed at palpation of the anterior wall of the abdominal cavity, which not only indicates the severity of the main feature, but also enables the clinician to identify an enlarged spleen,
- Interrogate the patient in detail to complete the clinical picture.
Laboratory diagnostic measures include:
- clinical blood count,
- general analysis of urine,
- blood biochemistry
- breath test to detect the presence of pathogenic bacteria,
- microscopic studies of feces.
However, the basis of diagnosis is such instrumental procedures:
- radiography with or without a contrast agent
- Ultrasound of the peritoneum and EGD,
- duodenal sounding,
- Ultrasound of the kidneys
- CT and MRI.
Sometimes you may need additional advice nephrologist, endocrinologist, gynecologist, pediatrician and obstetrician-gynecologist.
Currently, there are ways to treat painful cramps in the stomach:
- diet therapy,
- the use of folk remedies
Drug therapy includes:
- antacids and enzyme substances
- antibiotics and anti-inflammatories
- antispasmodics and antimicrobial drugs,
- probiotics and vitamin complexes.
If the stomach reduces pain cramps, it is necessary to abandon the use of:
- fatty and spicy dishes,
- bakery products
- onions and garlic, sorrel and spinach, radish and radish, as well as cabbage,
- smoked meats and spices
- animal fats,
- hot sauces and mayonnaise,
- strong tea and coffee,
- excessively cold or very hot dishes.
Good results can be achieved with the help of traditional recipes of medicine, which should be used only after consultation with your doctor. This treatment involves the preparation of decoctions and infusions based on:
- nettle and chamomile,
- greaves and hunters,
- yarrow and wild rose,
- valerian and mint,
- calendula and lemon balm,
- buckthorn and plantain,
- dill and ginger.
Implementation of operations is necessary only when the ineffectiveness of conservative methods of treatment, as well as when detecting benign or malignant tumors during diagnosis.
In cases of development of spasms on the background of pathologies of the kidneys, diabetes mellitus or gynecological diseases, as well as during pregnancy, the therapy will be individual.
Prevention and prognosis
To avoid spasms in the stomach, you should follow these simple recommendations:
- completely abandon the addiction,
- avoid stress and physical overload,
- eat properly and regularly
- avoid hypothermia,
- Take medication only as prescribed by a clinician.
In addition, we should not forget that it is necessary to undergo a full medical check-up several times a year.
The stomach cramps themselves are not a threat to a person’s life, but ignoring such a symptom can lead to the development of complications of underlying pathology.
"Stomach cramps" is observed in diseases:
Infectious toxic shock - a nonspecific pathological condition caused by the influence of bacteria and toxins that they secrete. Such a process may be accompanied by various disorders - metabolic, neuroregulatory and hemodynamic. This state of the human body is urgent and requires immediate treatment. The disease can affect absolutely any person, regardless of gender and age group. In the international classification of diseases (ICD 10), toxic shock syndrome has its own code - A48.3.
With exercise and temperance, most people can do without medicine.