The appearance of hemorrhoids after childbirth, many women mistaken for the consequences of the attempts, although the disease begins to develop even during pregnancy. Hemorrhoids after childbirth often turns into an exacerbation stage, delivering marked discomfort to the young mother. Many cares for the care of the newborn, the need for recovery, rest after delivery, and lack of knowledge of therapies often contribute to the fact that women are not in a hurry to see a doctor with the first symptoms of the disease. When choosing a therapy, one also has to remember that in the diagnosis of hemorrhoids after birth, treatment during breastfeeding of a child will be somewhat limited by the choice of medicines, products and procedures that are safe for the infant. We understand what to do if hemorrhoids have arisen after childbirth, which can be treated at home or require a hospital visit for surgery, depending on the stage of the disease.
The progression of the disease is not very rapid, although women do not always pay attention to some of the symptoms of the disease that appear during pregnancy. Hemorrhoids after childbirth are additionally provoked by tension during the length of the period, but the first symptoms appear long before the acute stage. These include itching in the anus, a feeling of heaviness, discomfort, especially in the process of defecation and immediately after it. There are constipation, minor bleeding from the anus.
Complicating the course of the disease is lifting weights, frequent physical exertion, dietary disorders, including drinking, which often happens during lactation, when the rate of fluid volume per day should be increased taking into account the production of breast milk.
An additional factor is the displacement of the internal organs after delivery. Those organs that were forced to somewhat change the situation under the pressure of the growing uterus, after pregnancy completes, gradually return to their places, which can lead to temporary intestinal atony, aggravate constipation, and therefore provoke and strengthen hemorrhoids after childbirth.
Brief description of hemorrhoids
Hemorrhoids is a disease characterized by pathological enlargement and tortuosity of the hemorrhoidal veins that form knots or bumps around the rectum or inside it. They are thrombosed and inflamed.
There are three types of hemorrhoids.
- Interior. Increased internal hemorrhoids under the mucous membrane of the rectum.
- External hemorrhoids. Increased nodes located around the anus.
- Combined. Combines the signs of the above forms.
Causes of hemorrhoids after childbirth
The cause of postpartum hemorrhoids is venous congestion in the pelvis. The following factors contribute to its development.
- Enlarged uterus. The uterus growing during pregnancy constricts blood vessels and makes venous outflow difficult.
- Sedentary lifestyle. In the absence of regular physical exertion, which women fear during pregnancy, the walls of the veins weaken. They lose elasticity, push the blood with difficulty, easily expand and become damaged.
- Constipation during pregnancy. Because of the enlarged uterus pressing on the rectum, pregnant women have problems with bowel movements (bowel movements). This contributes to additional squeezing of the veins.
- Hereditary predisposition If a woman has relatives with hemorrhoids, then the risk of its development during pregnancy or after childbirth increases sharply.
- Weight gain. For women during pregnancy, an increase of 8-12 kg is considered the norm. But even such a change in weight can trigger postpartum hemorrhoids.
- Long and difficult childbirth. During childbirth, pelvic tissue is under heavy pressure. If you long to push, hemorrhoids overflow with blood and begin to fall out.
- Fear of defecation after childbirth. Injured crotch and stitches prevent a woman from going to the toilet. She is afraid of straining, which can cause constipation.
Usually, future mothers lead a healthy lifestyle, and sometimes observe sexual "peace." But still we can not exclude such factors in the development of hemorrhoids in women, such as smoking and anal sex.
A woman after childbirth does not always immediately understand that she has hemorrhoids. Despite fatigue, the puerperal feels strong emotions: the birth of a child turns her world around. But soon she will come to life and will no longer be able to ignore such symptoms of hemorrhoids after childbirth, such as:
- feeling of heaviness in the rectum,
- pain when using the toilet
- discomfort in the anus, foreign body feeling in it,
- scarlet blood released at the end of a bowel movement.
All of the above are symptoms of internal hemorrhoids after childbirth (stage 1 of the disease). In the external form of the disease, additional signs join:
- bulging of the hemorrhoidal lump from the anus,
- feeling of pain when walking and sitting
- excretion of blood not only after a bowel movement, but also during lifting, coughing and sneezing.
Internal hemorrhoids have 4 stages.
- The external manifestations of the disease are absent, the bumps are not large enough to "pop out" of the anus.
- A hemorrhoidal site may jump when straining during a bowel movement. After the toilet, he independently retracts inside.
- A bump appears when going to the toilet or during physical exertion, but on its own it does not retract. To remove it, you have to adjust the knot with your fingers.
- At the last stage, the fallen node is reset neither independently nor manually.
Hemorrhoids after childbirth - what is it
Hemorrhoids is a disease that can affect not only women, but also men. Representatives of the stronger sex to doctors with such a delicate problem are extremely rarely addressed and visit a specialist with characteristic complaints only in the case when the ailment is at a serious stage.
A disease like hemorrhoids is a problem associated with hemorrhoidal veins and is characterized by inflammation of hemorrhoidal veins. Thrombosis develops, an increase and expansion of the hemorrhoidal veins occurs.
Types of hemorrhoids after childbirth
There are several criteria by which the types of hemorrhoids are determined:
- Acquired and congenital disease, which is determined directly by the mechanism of formation of hemorrhoids.
The acquired form of pathology is divided into primary and secondary. The latter option is a complication of another disease - for example, prostate adenoma or hepatic cirrhosis. Acquired primary hemorrhoids is a completely independent disease, the development of which occurs for certain reasons.
Chronic hemorrhoids after childbirth: stage
The initial signs of this pathology in women after childbirth is a feeling of itching, discomfort and the presence of a foreign body in the anus. Such symptoms often go unnoticed for several months, and sometimes years. Hemorrhoids do not always develop from the acute phase.
There are several stages in the formation of this pathology:
- First stage - Periodically there is a release of blood from the anus. There is no external protrusion or prolapse of hemorrhoids.
Second stage - Periodically there is a prolapse of hemorrhoids during bowel movements. Independent reposition of hemorrhoids is possible.
Third stage - it becomes impossible to independently reposition hemorrhoids, so the patient has to do it with his hands. During the act of defecation knots are falling out.
Acute hemorrhoids after childbirth: stage
The course of acute hemorrhoids is accompanied by pronounced symptoms, which are simply impossible not to notice. Exactly three stages of hemorrhoids develop in acute form:
- First stage - there is a thrombosis, there is no inflammatory process. The feeling of pricking, itching and pain during bowel movements begins to disturb, the anus slightly reddens.
Second stage - not only thrombosis develops, pronounced edema appears, inflammation occurs in hemorrhoidal nodes. The area of the anus becomes swollen, painful, the pain worries not only while sitting, but also walking. Attempting to inspect with palpation causes severe pain.
Causes of hemorrhoids in women after childbirth
In most cases, hemorrhoids begin directly during pregnancy, while the woman herself may be unaware of the pathology. After giving birth, the disease manifests itself in an acute form. The following causes can cause hemorrhoids after childbirth:
- The uterus exerts strong pressure on the veins and vessels of the pelvis. With each week of pregnancy, there is a gradual increase in the uterus, because of which the internal organs shift, which put pressure on the veins and vessels of the tissues and organs located in this area.
Frequent constipationduring pregnancy are provoked by various factors. It can also be an individual feature of physiology. The amount of constipation is directly affected by nutrition and lifestyle.
Hereditary factor. There are cases when the weakness of blood vessels and veins is a unique genetic feature.
Hormonal disruptionsOccurring during pregnancy in the female body, can be one of the reasons provoking the development of hemorrhoids.
Childbirth - hemorrhoids can appear in the event that a woman gave birth in a natural way, especially if the birth was very long and was accompanied by strong attempts.
The presence of excess weight. During childbirth, a woman often gains a few extra pounds, which can lead to hemorrhoids after birth.
Acceptance of certain medication. Doctors say that taking certain hormonal contraceptives before pregnancy can cause hemorrhoids.
Alcohol Abuse Before Pregnancy contributes to increased blood flow in the colon, in the future may lead to the formation of this pathology.
Anal sex significantly increases the likelihood of hemorrhoids.
Symptoms of hemorrhoids after childbirth
In all women, this pathology is different in view of the severity and pattern of hemorrhoid development. Even in the hospital, a woman may feel the first signs of illness - discomfort in the anus. If the development of hemorrhoids began even during pregnancy, after childbirth its aggravation occurs.
The most common symptoms of hemorrhoids are:
- feeling of itching, in the anus,
- the appearance of anal fissures,
- during bowel movements there is bloody discharge
- frequent constipation
- pain in the anus,
- swelling that develops in the anus,
- defecation is accompanied by discomfort
- redness appears in the anus,
- there is a feeling that the intestines are not completely empty,
- there is a prolapse of hemorrhoids,
- in the anus there is a sensation of the presence of a foreign object,
- disturbed urination process.
The duration and intensity of the painful sensations in the region of the anus depends solely on whether the pathology is chronic or acute. If the disease is at an advanced stage, acute and practically unbearable pains appear, not only during bowel movements, but also when walking or sitting in a sitting position.
Diagnosis of hemorrhoids in women after childbirth
If hemorrhoids begin to bulge out, the disease is diagnosed during a visual examination. A woman may not notice this problem, which should indicate the gynecologist during a routine examination.
In cases where hemorrhoids do not fall outside, the following methods are used for diagnosis:
- endoscopic examination of the anus,
- irrigoscopy (X-ray and contrast media are used for diagnosis),
- palpation to study the anus.
Hemorrhoid treatment after childbirth
When the first signs of hemorrhoids appear, immediate treatment should begin, since it depends on this how quickly you can get rid of the disease. Hemorrhoids can lead to serious negative consequences. Bleeding often occurs during bowel movements, which can aggravate anemia. Pathology can lead to severe depression.
Hemorrhoids are treated as follows:
- Mandatory correction of lifestyle is required. Blood stasis is one of the main reasons for the development of hemorrhoids. This effect occurs as a result of maintaining a sedentary lifestyle. The doctor may advise you to do daily walks in the fresh air, do special gymnastic exercises, or engage in an active sport. Many women who have undergone a cesarean section, restrict themselves in movement on their own. This decision can lead to negative consequences - the formation of adhesions, therefore, the development of pathology.
Prescribed medication only by a doctor, taking into account the condition of the woman and the stage of the disease. It is important to choose the right set of drugs, while the fact whether a woman is breastfeeding or not is of no small importance. Often prescribed laxatives, immunostimulants, antispasmodics, antimicrobials. Reception of remedies aimed at improving the condition of blood vessels and veins, improving blood circulation, including suppositories, creams and ointments for local use, is also prescribed.
Candles for hemorrhoids after childbirth
Rectal suppositories are effective in treating hemorrhoids. It is not recommended to purchase such drugs yourself and use as a prophylactic, as there is a risk of harm to the body. During gestation period, it is allowed to use only certain candles, which the doctor must prescribe.
When used for the treatment of rectal suppositories, it is imperative that the anus hygiene be observed before the drug is injected. It is recommended to use the tool at about the same time.
Available in the form of ointment and suppositories, which have a pronounced anti-inflammatory, immunostimulating and wound-healing effect. You can use the drug up to four times a day.
This is one of the most potent drugs that have analgesic and anti-inflammatory effects. As part of the tool is a hormone, which is necessary precisely at the advanced stages of pathology. It is forbidden to use candles for the treatment of hemorrhoids during pregnancy and in young children.
This is one of the rectal medications that can be used for the treatment of hemorrhoids during pregnancy and lactation. The drug has a natural composition, so that it is considered the most secure.
These are rectal hormonal suppositories, which additionally have an analgesic effect. The remedy is also used during the treatment of external forms of pathology, helps prevent the formation of blood clots in the hemorrhoidal veins.
This drug is used during the treatment of the acute form of pathology. Candles have anti-inflammatory, analgesic, easy drying and antimicrobial action.
This type of candle is intended for the treatment of anal fissures, hemorrhoids and recovery in the anus after surgery. This tool has a plant-based, has antispasmodic, antimicrobial and wound-healing effect.
As a prevention of hemorrhoids after childbirth, you should try to lead an active lifestyle, walk on foot, play sports. It is necessary with special attention to monitor personal hygiene. If you are often tormented by constipation, you need to tell the doctor about it, who will prescribe a laxative.
What to do with hemorrhoids after birth, see the video below:
Prevention and treatment of early stages of the disease
Experts recommend to resort to preventive measures until the first symptoms. Postpartum hemorrhoids can be prevented, provided the intestinal function is normalized. At the very beginning of the development of the disease, at its first symptoms, compliance with preventive measures allows you to stop the progression of hemorrhoids and reverse the process. At any stage of the disease, adherence to preventive measures is also necessary for the recovery process. For this, it is recommended to adhere to the following rules:
- daily fluid intake: water, compotes, fruit drinks with a volume of at least 1.5 liters in the absence of breastfeeding, and up to 2.5-3 liters during lactation,
- inclusion in the diet of foods rich in fiber: wholemeal bread, vegetables, bran, brown rice, etc.,
- eating fruits, dried fruits, vegetables, dairy products daily,
- reducing the amount of carbohydrates, especially fast ones, excluding sweets, carbonated drinks from the diet,
- when eating foods and beverages that promote the excretion of fluids from the body, for example, caffeine, it is necessary to limit their number and increase the volume of water. Also come when taking diuretic drugs, products, herbal teas and infusions,
- Exercises, walks, light exercises should be present in the mode of the day. Young mothers can combine walks for their health with finding a child on the street, perform sets of exercises for the mother and child, and attend the pool with the baby. One of the causes of hemorrhoids is venous stasis of the blood, and with hypodynamia, sedentary lifestyle, the treatment of the disease is much harder and requires additional tools and methods,
- categorically in the first month after childbirth, regardless of breastfeeding, it is not recommended to drink alcohol, eat fatty, spicy dishes with an abundance of spices and seasonings,
- The rules of prevention include personal hygiene: washing the anus area with cool water after each bowel movement, cleanliness.
In the diagnosis of hemorrhoids after birth, treatment is prescribed by a proctologist on the basis of the diagnosis of the stage of the disease and the characteristics of the course. Hemorrhoids after birth treatment with breastfeeding requires, taking into account the possible penetration of drugs into breast milk. Therefore, when choosing a therapy, it is necessary to warn the doctor about lactation.
However, restricting the choice of treatment methods during breastfeeding should not be grounds for a lack of therapy. Untreated hemorrhoids after childbirth often becomes chronic, supplemented with new unpleasant symptoms and dangerous manifestations, may be complicated by heavy bleeding from the anus and require surgical intervention. Symptom complex of hemorrhoids brings many uncomfortable sensations: pain, itching, feeling of heaviness, difficulty with defecation, etc., which means you should start treatment as early as possible, at the first stage of the disease.
The course of treatment of the disease includes nutritional restrictions, hygienic procedures: washing, drying, soothing baths, the use of medicines mainly local action with anti-inflammatory, regenerating, analgesic action. The most commonly used drugs in the form of ointment, cream and anal suppository, alone or in combination, depending on the symptom complex, the stage of the disease and the patient's well-being.
Drug therapy for hemorrhoids during lactation
Thus, in the diagnosis of hemorrhoids after birth, early treatment is based on compliance with recommendations on diet, body hygiene, as well as the use of drugs in the form of candles, ointments and creams. Consider options for drug therapy from the point of view of the use of drugs during breastfeeding.
Heparin ointment and suppositories based on heparin and related substances are one of the most common and inexpensive hemorrhoids after delivery and during other periods of life. This drug has no contraindications for pregnant women and nursing, ointment and suppositories have a local effect.
Troxevasin, a drug for local action in the form of a cream and ointment, reduces inflammation, swelling, helps reduce the amount of secretions, and also enhances the tone of blood vessels. Also has no contraindications during pregnancy and lactation.
Relief - a cream based on shark liver oil. It has no contraindications, but is not used for therapy in acute stages. This drug can be used if hemorrhoids after delivery is in the initial stage.
Posterisan - ointment for the regeneration of the affected intestinal mucosa and anus. It has no contraindications for lactation.
Proktozan in the form of an ointment has an anesthetic effect and reduces the manifestations of symptoms if hemorrhoids after birth are in the initial stage. In the composition - the active substances proktozan and bismuth, affecting the reduction of bleeding, inflammation,
Procto-glivenol in the form of anal candles contains the anesthetic lidocaine, which serves as a local anesthetic, and tribenzoid as an anti-inflammatory and reducing congestion in the veins. The drug is a local action can be used for breastfeeding, without having a toxic effect on the child.
Candles are also distinguished on the basis of plant extracts and propolis. These include suppositories with sea buckthorn oil, calendula and propolis. All three species can be used for lactation, but they are effective only in the initial stages or as an aid. All three have a regenerating and mild anti-inflammatory effect, contraindications are allergic reactions to the corresponding active ingredient.
Alternative healing methods are based on the wound healing, anti-inflammatory and drying effect of natural extracts. Baths with herbs, propolis, mummy, application of sea buckthorn oil on the skin and other home remedies can be used as an additional therapy after consulting with a proctologist.
Surgical treatment of hemorrhoids
If with hemorrhoids after childbirth medication treatment and compliance with the recommendations do not help, resort to various surgical techniques. Most of them do not require hospitalization and can be combined with lactation and care for the baby.
These methods include:
- ligation. A small latex ring with a special device is placed on the base of the hemorrhoid, squeezing it at the base. The cessation of the blood supply to the tissues in the node causes its death and independent rejection 10-15 days after the procedure. Pain in this process is absent, possible slight and short discomfort,
- cryodestruction treatment method, the use of liquid nitrogen. Nitrogen gas with a temperature of about -195 ° C is fed through a special device point to areas that require cauterization, and acts on the affected surface of the mucous membrane and the area of the blood vessel. Cryodestruction is effectively used up to the fourth stage of the disease, both with external and internal hemorrhoidal nodes,
- the sclerotherapy method involves the introduction of a sclerosing drug into the affected vein site, which ensures its intergrowth,
- infrared coagulation, cauterization of the affected areas using infrared radiation. The dead surfaces formed as a result of the impact disappear and go out on their own within a few days. Surgical intervention lasts a few seconds, up to three knots are cauterized in one treatment.
All of the above methods do not require hospitalization, take just a few minutes of time, do not bring harm or pain to the patient, do not affect breastfeeding, are low-impact and cure hemorrhoids after childbirth quickly and reliably. Do not neglect or postpone the procedure if the proctologist recommends one of the operational methods of treatment.
Determining the methods of treatment of hemorrhoids, one should pay attention not so much to the availability and insignificance of efforts when using some methods of alternative (folk) therapy, but to the effectiveness and overall effect on the body. A young mother during lactation should also be aware that treatment should not only benefit her, but also not harm the baby, and also help the woman quickly improve her health, stop experiencing discomfort and focus on restoring her health and caring for the child.
It is for this reason that the choice of drugs, methods of treatment should be trusted by proctologists. Based on the diagnosis of the stage of the disease, the limitations imposed by lactation and the peculiarities of the process, the doctor will be able to recommend the optimal set of procedures and drugs for quickly getting rid of this unpleasant disease - hemorrhoids.
If hemorrhoids get out immediately after childbirth, how to treat them, the woman will be told at the maternity hospital. So how to get rid of postpartum hemorrhoids for breastfeeding women?
For the treatment of hemorrhoids after birth, the following methods are used:
- drug treatment (medication),
- minimally invasive (operations with minimal intervention),
- surgical (removal of hemorrhoids),
- folk (use of traditional medicine).
Women ask how many days the hemorrhoids go after delivery. It all depends on the stage of the disease and the chosen method of treatment. The smaller the stage and the more effective the method, the quicker the relief will come. It can take from several days to several weeks.
About modern methods of treatment of hemorrhoids, you can learn by reading a detailed and informative article of our specialist.
To find out how much hemorrhoids are treated in various ways, you need to carefully study the material of our author.
Drug treatment of postpartum hemorrhoids is effective only in the first two stages of the disease. These include the time when the nodes have not yet begun to go out or they are self-erect inside.
For the treatment of hemorrhoids that have come out after childbirth, predominantly topical preparations are prescribed. The table below provides a brief overview.
Symptoms - photo
Exacerbation of hemorrhoids after childbirth significantly reduces the quality of life and gives the young mother significant discomfort. Giving all the power to care for a newborn child, a woman is simultaneously forced to struggle with the painful symptoms of the disease.
As a rule, the first manifestations of pathology appear in the hospital. This is associated with a decrease in tone and weak intestinal motility after delivery. The accumulation of feces in the intestines leads to constipation and increased stagnation in the pelvic organs.
As a result, already existing hemorrhoids increase in size and become inflamed. The characteristic symptoms of hemorrhoids begin to appear:
- Feeling of heaviness in the anal area
- Permanent discomfort, burning and itching in the anus
- Foreign body sensation in the rectum
- Pain during stool
- The appearance of blood during bowel movements
Hemorrhoids can be both external and internal. In internal hemorrhoids, the nodes become inflamed inside the rectum. For external forms, falling out of nodes is typical; severe, complicated births can cause such a condition.
When the first symptoms of hemorrhoids appear, the young mother should not be delayed in contacting a doctor. Many women are interested, Will he hemorrhoids after childbirth? Definitely you can say that will not pass. Ignoring problems or trying to treat yourself can lead to complications and the transition of the disease into a chronic form.
Appeal to the proctologist will help to solve the delicate problem, the doctor will select the necessary drugs, taking into account the patient's individual condition. A young mother should remember that when breastfeeding many medicines can have a negative impact on the health of the baby, so only a doctor can choose safe medicines and explain how to treat hemorrhoids after childbirth.
Treatment of hemorrhoids in the postpartum period
Treatment for hemorrhoids after giving birth to a woman should begin as soon as possible. The fact is that this disease seriously harms the health of the mother, including the mental one. It prevents her from recovering faster, coping with postpartum depression and taking full care of the baby.
Also, persistent bleeding in the rectum further exacerbates postpartum anemia. As a result, the woman constantly feels tired, and this affects the quality of breast milk, and hence the health of the child. Milk can even disappear altogether if anemia becomes too strong.
Hemorrhoids after childbirth should not become an obstacle to happy motherhood. During this crucial period, doctors use gentle treatment methods and even in severe cases, with signs of external hemorrhoids stage 3-4, try to avoid surgical treatment and postpone it for a later period.
After childbirth, the choice of drugs should be approached with extreme caution.The priority is given to such drugs, which can not have a negative impact on the child, their active substances should not penetrate into the bloodstream of the mother, and with it into breast milk. Many potent products containing hormones during this period are contraindicated.
The preference is given to means on a natural basis, not containing chemical components. They are no less effective and can be used for the treatment of hemorrhoids after childbirth during breastfeeding. Since most drugs are banned during this period, rectal suppositories and ointments remain the most popular and relevant drugs. Tell you more about them.
Hemorrhoids ointment after childbirth should have the following therapeutic effects:
- Eliminate pain.
- Fight the inflammatory process.
- Eliminate irritation and itching in the anorectal region.
- Prevent the development of bleeding from the rectum.
- To help strengthen the tone of the veins.
- The active ingredients of the drug should not penetrate into the blood and breast milk.
The pharmaceutical industry produces a wide range of topical medicines that meet these requirements.
- Troxevasin (ointment, cream) - used to treat external hemorrhoids. The drug has a venoprotective effect, strengthens small blood vessels, reduces the inflammatory process, relieves itching, eliminates puffiness. It has a minimum of contraindications and side effects.
- Hepatrombin G - the best ointment for hemorrhoids after childbirth. The ointment contains heparin and allantoin. The active substance heparin helps to reduce blood clotting, thereby starting the process of resorption of blood clots and prevents the appearance of new ones. Allantoin has a pronounced anti-inflammatory effect. In general, the drug has regenerating properties and stimulates the healing of damaged tissues.
- Relief Ultra, Relief Advance (ointment, cream, gel) - contains shark liver oil and benzocaine. Shark liver oil suppresses inflammation and has a wound-healing effect. Benzocaine is a strong anesthetic that removes the pain symptom. The drug can be used to treat various forms of hemorrhoids (internal, external and combination).
- Heparin ointment - often prescribed for the treatment of postpartum hemorrhoids. The basis of the drug is heparin, which has anti-inflammatory and resorbable action. The ointment helps to strengthen the vascular tone and prevents the formation of blood clots.
- Bezornil - ointment contains musk (artificial), borneol, pearls, amber, artificial bezoar, zinc carbonate. The drug has analgesic, regenerating, anti-edematous, astringent action. The use of the ointment allows you to stop pain, eliminate irritation and itching, prevent the development of bleeding.
- Fleming Ointment is a homeopathic remedy that contains horse chestnut, witch hazel and calendula extracts, menthol, zinc oxide. It has a mild anesthetic effect, combats inflammation and promotes healing of damaged tissues. The ointment has an antibacterial and drying effect, it is recommended for the treatment of external hemorrhoids.
- Vishnevsky ointment - contains three components: birch tar, antiseptic and castor oil. It copes well with the symptoms of the inflammatory process, when applied forms a fatty film that prevents the penetration of air, which stimulates the rapid regeneration and healing of tissues.
- Ichthyol ointment on the basis of ichthammol has a pronounced anesthetic and anti-inflammatory effect, heals anal fissures well.
Candles for the treatment of hemorrhoids after childbirth
The main difficulty in the treatment of hemorrhoids during breastfeeding is the risk of penetration of active substances into breast milk. Such drugs as Anuzol and belladonna candles contain an extract of the poisonous plant belladonna, which can cause irreparable harm to the health of the child.
Therefore, the choice of a safe means must be entrusted to a specialist, he will select the desired drug that can effectively stop the painful symptoms and not harm the baby. The most reliable means for the treatment of internal hemorrhoids after childbirth are:
- Candles with sea buckthorn oil. These are the most popular candles for hemorrhoids after childbirth. The drug has a powerful regenerative effect, reduces inflammation, eliminates burning and itching, and heals mucous membranes well. Candles with sea buckthorn are used to treat internal hemorrhoids, anal fissures and rectal ulcers. This is a safe remedy with a minimum of contraindications, suppositories are allowed for the treatment of hemorrhoids during breastfeeding, as there are no substances harmful to the infant in their composition.
- Posterizan (rectal suppositories) - the preparation contains inactivated Escherichia coli, which help to increase local immunity and help the body to cope with the pathological process itself. Candles have wound-healing effect, contribute to the strengthening of blood vessels. The active substances are not absorbed into the blood and do not penetrate into the mother's milk, which allows the use of the drug during lactation.
- Candles Relief Advance, Relief Ultra. They have analgesic, healing, hemostatic effect. The active substance of the drug copes well with inflammation, stimulates local immunity. Rectal candles Relief are allowed for use during breastfeeding, but the treatment should be under the supervision of a physician, since allergic reactions to one of the components (shark liver oil) are possible.
- Hepatrombin G (rectal suppositories) —heparinol, polidocanol, and prednisolone acetate are included in suppositories. The drug has antipruritic, antithrombotic and anti-edema effect, copes with inflammation and helps to strengthen the walls of blood vessels. Heparin resolves existing blood clots and prevents the emergence of new ones, speeds up the healing process due to hardening of the enlarged veins. Prednisolone relieves puffiness well, relieves itching. Polydocanol has a pronounced anesthetic effect.
- Procto-Glevenol (suppositories) - the drug contains lidocaine and tribenozide, these substances have a local anesthetic, anti-inflammatory and antipruritic effect. The use of the drug in internal hemorrhoids can improve blood microcirculation, strengthen the walls of capillaries and increase the tone of the rectal veins.
- Candles with calendula - a natural preparation for a plant extract of a medicinal plant. Its main purpose is to heal cracks and wounds. Calendula candles are successfully used for healing anal fissures and other injuries of the rectal mucosa. The drug has practically no contraindications and is approved for use in pregnant and lactating women.
- Candles Natalcid - the active ingredient of the drug is a natural polysaccharide, extracted from seaweed. It has a pronounced hemostatic and reparative effect, actively combats inflammation and quickly deals with the symptoms of hemorrhoids. Candles Natalsid prescribed for chronic hemorrhoids, accompanied by bleeding, rectal fractures and complications of hemorrhoids (proctosigmoiditis). The natural drug has practically no contraindications and is approved for the treatment of hemorrhoids after childbirth.
For postpartum hemorrhoids characterized by an acute course. The initial symptoms (itching and discomfort in the anus) are quickly complicated by the appearance of enlarged, inflamed hemorrhoids. The act of defecation becomes extremely painful and is often accompanied by bleeding from the anus.
Quickly cope with the manifestations of hemorrhoids, to prevent its further development and the occurrence of complications will help not only drug therapy, but also the adjustment of lifestyle. Experts will advise a young mother to do special exercises that strengthen the muscles of the pelvic floor and follow a specific diet aimed at eliminating constipation and normalizing the work of the digestive tract.
Diet and proper nutrition
In addition to medical treatment, women will be advised to adhere to a special diet with a high content of fiber. In the diet should be as much as possible fresh vegetables and fruits.
Fiber will increase intestinal motility and prevent constipation. It should be borne in mind that if a woman breastfeeds a child, it is undesirable to use some fruits (for example, citrus fruits), they can cause allergies in the baby.
It is necessary to exclude fatty, fried, high-calorie dishes from the diet, to abandon spicy, salty foods, pickles and smoked meats. Do not lean on chocolate, white bread, pastries, coffee, sweet carbonated drinks.
Experts advise to include in the daily menu:
- vegetable salads, seasoned with vegetable oil,
- low-fat broths,
- dietary meat (veal, chicken, rabbit),
- dairy products.
Vegetables with coarse fiber (cabbage, radish, radishes, corn) and legumes should be discarded, they contribute to excessive gas formation and negatively affect digestion processes. To effectively eliminate constipation, it is recommended to drink more:
On the day you need to drink at least 1.5 - 2 liters of liquid. It is better to cook food by steaming, stewing or baking.
How to treat hemorrhoids after birth with an active lifestyle and hygiene
In addition to the diet, the doctor will advise the woman to move more, take long walks and perform special exercises at home, which will help restore normal blood flow to the pelvic organs and remove one of the main causes of the disease.
The complex of therapeutic measures quickly gives a positive effect and helps to cope with the manifestations of hemorrhoids. Having got rid of painful symptoms, a woman can devote all her attention to caring for a newborn baby.
Needed with hemorrhoids and hygiene. With inflamed external nodes, each time after a chair should be washed with cool water. It relieves inflammation and pain. It is better to use wet or at least soft toilet paper.
It should be remembered that with the disease hot baths and saunas are contraindicated, warm baths with decoction of herbs (chamomile, sage leaves, oak bark, calendula flowers) are useful.
Enough and recipes of traditional medicine, successfully struggling with the initial stages of hemorrhoids. But with them you should be careful, not always tips and recommendations read in some forums or in magazines can be useful. It often happens that innocuous recommendations can harm health and aggravate the situation. Therefore, be sure to pre-discuss your favorite prescriptions with your doctor.
One of the safe recipes for the treatment of hemorrhoids when breastfeeding are the following:
- Three times a day they drink half a glass of fresh rowan juice, washed down with water. Or 30 minutes before meals each time they drink a glass of cabbage pickle.
- For washing use a decoction of leaves of wild strawberry.
- At night, you can enter 2 ml of cedar oil into the anus with a disposable syringe or insert a cotton swab soaked in celandine juice into the anus. Also for lotions use a decoction of thorns or a decoction of horsetail grass.
- If hemorrhoids have already appeared bleeding, then you can take a teaspoon of juice of cucumber herbs or smoky juice of the drug.
Thus, for treatment or, at a minimum, to alleviate the health of hemorrhoids, it is enough to eat properly, prevent constipation, monitor hygiene, lead an active lifestyle, and, most importantly, consult a doctor in time.
Reviews on the treatment of hemorrhoids after childbirth
I got hemorrhoids after childbirth, the condition was just awful. What to do? The child was restless, constantly crying, and I couldn’t even sit for a long time, because everything hurt me. The cones were inflamed, blood flowed when the intestines were emptied from the anus, each bowel movement was agony.
Besides, I was tormented by constipation. The doctor prescribed candles Natalcid, Fleming's ointment, microclysters with decoctions of medicinal herbs. I breastfed the baby, but the proctologist assured that these medications are safe.
She began to be treated, put the candles twice a day, applied ointment for the night. Soon I felt much relief, the bleeding disappeared, the nodes decreased, the pain disappeared. Now about hemorrhoids long forgotten.
Review number 2
After childbirth, a problem with the intestines arose, constipation began to torment me, then I began to feel discomfort in the anus, and the itching and sensation of a foreign body constantly followed. When emptying the intestine began to feel pain.
I went to the proctologist, he advised a special diet and candles Procto-Glevenol. The treatment gave a positive result, the pain disappeared, began to feel much better. The diet helped to improve the bowels and relieve constipation.
Review number 3
Hemorrhoids got out before birth. After the birth of the child, the process became aggravated, the inflamed nodes got out, very sick, in the anus, the skin turned red and swollen.
It was treated with ointments, as it fed the child and it was impossible to use any potent drugs. Used heparin ointment, it is quite effective and relieves inflammation well. In addition, she treated the inflamed nodes with gel Relief. The treatment helped, the aggravation was removed.
Causes of hemorrhoids after childbirth
Hemorrhoids - varicose veins that hit the veins of the rectum. Frequent diagnosis of postpartum hemorrhoids is due to the occurrence, even during pregnancy, of several factors that provoke pathological vascular dilation:
- increase in intra-abdominal pressure - increase in total weight,
- venous congestion is the pressure of the growing uterus on the vascular plexus of the rectum, the compression of the veins of the fetus itself (especially before childbirth, when the baby’s head is pressed tightly against the bones of the pelvis),
- constipation - hormonal adjustment (excessive amount of progesterone often provokes digestive disorders), lack of fiber and fluids in the diet, physical inactivity and sedentary work,
- weakening of the vascular wall - also caused by the physiological growth of progesterone synthesis, destructive habits (hemorrhoids in a smoking / drinking woman - the lesser of evils that can occur due to their own fault).
Under the influence of these causes, even in a woman who never suffers from this pathology, hemorrhoids can form during pregnancy.
However, in most cases, hemorrhoids in pregnant women is not pronounced. It is the birth process that gives a strong impetus for the appearance of hemorrhoidal cones. This contributes to the enormous tension of the muscles of the pelvic floor during labor attempts and the passage of the fetus through the birth canal.
Yes, and postpartum constipation is not such a rarity. The redistribution of the intestine in the abdominal space freed after childbirth often causes its atony.
Signs of hemorrhoids in women after childbirth
The feeling of discomfort during stool, itching and burning sensation in the anus area during gestation are the first signs of incipient hemorrhoids.
According to these signs, with high probability we can assume that after birth, hemorrhoids will appear. However, often expectant mothers do not pay attention to such minor symptoms.
For them, the sensations associated with the baby are more important - his movement and turns, which change the shape of the mummy's belly and cause affection and delight to watch this miracle.
A woman begins to think seriously after childbirth, when a “problem got out” and painful symptoms appeared:
- varicose "bumps" around the anal sphincter (external nodes or internal fallen out),
- pain when emptying the intestine is often unbearable, causing spasm of the rectal sphincter and difficulty defecation,
- unbearable burning sensation (at birth, microcracks appear in the anal zone and rectum),
- blood in stool (traces remain on toilet paper),
- mucus in the feces (a sign of inflammation, even more irritating the rectal mucosa and the skin of the perianal zone).
Even minor signs of postpartum hemorrhoids significantly complicate the life of a new mother (it hurts to sit and walk) and affect the quality of care for the baby.
In the absence of promptly initiated treatment, the disease progresses, which is fraught with copious bleeding from damaged veins, anemia and infection of cracks with the formation of fistulas.
This will negatively affect the baby if the mother feeds him with breast milk. The worst development options for hemorrhoids are venous thrombosis, the appearance of pathologically changed cells in the rectum (oncology).
Hemorrhoids after childbirth: treatment during breastfeeding
How to treat hemorrhoids after giving birth to a nursing mother can only be solved by a qualified specialist. Some medicinal substances can penetrate into the body of a baby with mother's milk and cause him enough serious harm.
That is why when visiting a proctologist, a woman should definitely mark the moment of breastfeeding, and the doctor will select a treatment that not only provides the mother with recovery, but also does not harm her baby.
Hemorrhoids are safe for babies who get breast milk:
Heparin ointment - quickly resolves hemorrhoids and eliminates inflammation. This drug for local treatment is one of the mildest, approved for use in pregnant women and during breastfeeding.
Proktozan - A good painkiller, reduces bleeding, quickly eliminates weeping and dries anal fissures.
Relief - especially effective in the initial stage. Per day candles and ointment can be applied up to 4 times. Candles for hemorrhoids after birth, containing shark liver, are allowed to use when breastfeeding.
Candles with medicinal raw materials - sea buckthorn, calendula, propolis - perfectly replace homemade recipes (there is no need to waste time on preparing grandmother's ointments), anti-inflammatory effect is most effective at the initial stage of hemorrhoids (when there are no large nodes).
Ointment with propolis is used only if the woman is not allergic to honey.
Troxerutin, Troxevasin - well eliminates inflammatory manifestations (edema, redness) and is a light venotonic (improves the condition of the vascular wall). Applied topically ointments and creams do not harm the baby.
Posterized - immunomodulating ointment, has a pronounced wound-healing effect. Effective with deep cracks and even adrectal fistula.
Procto-glevenol - combined drug with analgesic (lidocaine) and anti-inflammatory (tribenzoid) action. The most effective local remedy for hemorrhoids to eliminate venous stasis after childbirth, non-toxic to newborns.
Popular venotonic Detralex is not recommended for breastfeeding due to the lack of research data on the effect of its components on the newborn.
If the symptoms are pronounced (large knots, bleeding, etc.), and conservative treatment does not work, the woman is offered surgery.
However, radical treatment of hemorrhoids after childbirth during breastfeeding is carried out as late as possible. Large-scale surgery with excision of hemorrhoids was replaced by less traumatic methods:
Cryodestruction - freezing of hemorrhoidal protrusions with liquid nitrogen. It is performed under local anesthesia to eliminate internal and external nodes.
Sclerotherapy - shutdown of the dilated veins from the bloodstream due to exposure to the sclerosant (adhesive substance introduced into the lumen of the diseased vessel).
Photocoagulation - heating of a varicose node with an infrared source and its subsequent gluing.
Ligation - clamping the base of the varicose extended plexus with a latex ring. After about 2 weeks, the hemorrhoidal site painlessly disappears.
All the listed curative procedures of minitrauma are performed on an outpatient basis and are absolutely painless. However, they only eliminate external manifestations.
The cause of the disease - weakness of the venous walls - will have to be treated with repeated courses of venotonic agents.